• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4jackie

does anybody know why this is unit is stored and is it going to be seen again working passenger trains,also where is it stored please

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I can't see any obvious reason why it has been withdrawn - I initially thought it may be the Potters Bar unit but that was 365526.

It has an advertising livery so may be withdrawn while that is removed & FCC livery applied?

Julian G

Established Member
I can't see any obvious reason why it has been withdrawn - I initially thought it may be the Potters Bar unit but that was 365526.

It has an advertising livery so may be withdrawn while that is removed & FCC livery applied?

I heard something about 365531 somewhere, i think one of the carriages are at Crewe

theblackwatch

Established Member
365531 is at Crewe, and is currently off lease. It was damaged in a collision with a road vehicle on a level crossing in October 2005 - just a few weeks after it received its advertising colours.

metrocammel

365531 is at Crewe, and is currently off lease. It was damaged in a collision with a road vehicle on a level crossing in October 2005 - just a few weeks after it received its advertising colours.

So were WAGN (as it was then) a unit down after that? And have FCC (as it is now!) since cascaded any units to replace it?

ungreat

Hi all

I am an FCC driver on the GN..that unit is still out of comission,and I believe we have a couple of extra 317s as replacement

ungreat

I dont know mate..all the 317's we run have the FCC logos on them,but it might happen

Julian G

Established Member
FCC needs 317s ,

Earlier this year , there was a report that a 8 car 317 swapped with a 6 car 313 on a Peak Hour Suburban Service out of King's X, which is useful, as it's add two extra coaches,

Back in October seeing the IRIS II, i've noticed a 8 car 317, the rear 4 cars were packed, while the front was half packed

class 313

Established Member
That isnt suprising, remember at marlybone. Everyone pack to back 4 carriges whilst we where living it up in the first coach with loads of room 8)

Coxster

Established Member
That isnt suprising, remember at marlybone. Everyone pack to back 4 carriges whilst we where living it up in the first coach with loads of room 8)
Joys of corridorless trains ;) Having said that I had that on a 12-450 one!

As for the Networker, I take it the company who's advert it is doesn't have to pay for it anymore?

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joys of corridorless trains ;) Having said that I had that on a 12-450 one!

As for the Networker, I take it the company who's advert it is doesn't have to pay for it anymore?

It doesn't matter whether a train has gangways or not - the fact is a lot of the general public are too lazy (or too stupid!) to walk a few coaches up where they can often sit in reasonable comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.