• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
What is the status of 37198 - Is it now a class 97? I am afraid my brian has turned to sponge tonight and i cant find it! I am intrested becuase i understand it to be the last locomotive built at Robert Stephensons in Darlo

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12CSVT

Established Member
37198 has had a varied existence since it was withdrawn by EWS.

It was preserved in 2004 moved to the Wensleydale Railway where it was restored to working order and repainted BR blue - it worked its first passenger trains in preservation in May 2005. In 2006 it moved to the Dartmoor Railway, where it was often used on passenger workings. However, its owners (BRE Ltd) went bankrupt in November 2007 and 37198 (along with 37905) was sold for scrap and moved to EMR at Kingsbury.

Luckily 37198 was sold again to Network Rail and moved to Rothley on the GCR, where it was repainted in NR yellow, and had a number of repairs carried out. It is currently on long term loan to the GCR but is likely to return to Network Rail later this year.

Boothby97

Established Member
It's strange because a copy of Railway's Illastrated from Summer last year said that it was on a 12 month hire to the GCR before it moves to a Network Rail site to act as a super shunter
Thanks, Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.