• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37408 in freight collision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
True ran into some wagons that 66110 was stabled with (Unfortunately the Shed did'nt get damaged <( ) So 408 has had some temporary repairs to its front end and 37427 has been sent as a replacement.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Pity that. I need to ride behind the beast, so maybe I'll get the chance early next week (427 I refer to).

408 has to be one of the best 37/4s on the Valleys. It's certainly my favourite. Has it gone to Toton for repairs?

clagmonster

Established Member
37427 was inside D1015 Bescot-Newport on the Western Trident tour on Saturday. Apparently, it then worked light to Westbruy to work pways, which fits in with what I saw because D1015+37427 ran light Newport-East Usk for fuel/coolant and 37427 didn't return, but when I latyer passed East Usk with the wizzo it wasn't there so it must have worked east. It was interesting thrash because of the unusual conbination, but was still loud!

Someone on the tour on Sunday said that 37408 had had its nose cut off, but damage did not appear too severe from a distance on Saturday. I wouldn't have thought that EWS would bother spending money on a loco with so little time left in service.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
what? how come noone tells me when these certain trains are coming to newport!

jonb

Established Member
Well the good news is that 37408 is fixed Margam fitters attended to it this morning.

clagmonster

Established Member
HST Fan, a good idea for charter trains is to get hold of the charter companies booklets with listings of charters, itineries, motive power, etc. Alternatively, you could look at charter company websites. That way you are unlikely to miss a charter even if it doesn't get posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.