• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cambrian

Many thanks guys :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hope all goes well with this. Hopefully we might see a few charters use the line. Could be wishful thinking on my part though.

Harbornite

Established Member
Many thanks guys :D
Hope all goes well with this. Hopefully we might see a few charters use the line. Could be wishful thinking on my part though.

Sorry for being pedantic but you already get charters on the Cambrian, albeit hauled by NR's 97/3s.

You are right though, the Cambrian could see more charters.

cambrian

Yes. I am fully aware of that. What I should of said was 'more' charters.

Harbornite

Established Member

Yeah that would be nice. One of the recent charters actually had a 57 on it but it was tucked in behind one of the 97/3s.

cambrian

Yes. You can never have enough, especially on the Coast line.
Although I think there's a restriction been put on recently to loco hauled on Bridge 83 west of Minffordd. Not sure if it's been lifted yet?

fgwrich

Established Member

Sorry for being pedantic but you already get charters on the Cambrian, albeit hauled by NR's 97/3s.

You are right though, the Cambrian could see more charters.

That's one of the plans for them, so WCRC can start running more charters down onto the Cambrian without having to hire NRs 97/3s. The other bonus is that the system in the 37s is a far more updated system to the earlier Ansaldo system in the 97s.

Harbornite

Established Member
Although I think there's a restriction been put on recently to loco hauled on Bridge 83 west of Minffordd. Not sure if it's been lifted yet?

I wasn't aware of this, it would be a pity if that's the case. It also makes you wonder how test trains would get to Pwllheli because they can't go via Dolgellau, Ruabon, Bangor and Caernarfon anymore. :(:roll:

the-gog

From a friend of mine:

"There's been a speed restriction on the bridge for several weeks now, and a few TSR's between Afonwen and Pwllheli - these are I think in relation to sleeper replacement work but I don't know about Glaslyn Bridge"

15kph to non-158s.

Status
Not open for further replies.