• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37's on a NE to london scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I've noticed every friday a pair of DRS 37's runs a scrap train from NE to London Area.
Ive only briefly seen it (from a 158 i was passing it on)
Being from sheffield i want to catch it at swinton, does anyone know timings for it?
I'm quite young and am relatively new to hobby so havent really ever had a chance to see 37's as there is only really 66's (rare 60) in my area.
Is there anywhere in country where 37's can often turn up?

cheers in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
Friday...? I'm sure I passed that (twice) tonight. *Checks diary*

It was heading southbound along the WA line between Broxbourne and Cheshunt at about 2112 and then seen coming back up the WA (presumably after a trip through Stratford and via Channelsea and High Meads Curve to effect a reversal) to take the South Tottenham line at about 2215.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Someone will be able to confirm but they are either the Stockton TJ Thompson's ones of Tyne Dock workings. They used to go to Cardiff under Advenza but think I remember they might be going to Sheerness now. The best place to get them might be York as they will most definately run through there.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Someone will be able to confirm but they are either the Stockton TJ Thompson's ones of Tyne Dock workings. They used to go to Cardiff under Advenza but think I remember they might be going to Sheerness now. The best place to get them might be York as they will most definately run through there.
The cardiff scrap still runs with a drs class 66 in addition to the sheerness scrap

class313

The train is 6Z92 (Stockton- Sheerness). It runs every Friday, then on Tuesday is runs from Sheerness to Hitchin and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.