• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37s return to the WHL :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

experts

From next Saturday onwards, the sleeper to Fort William will be operated by 37s again between FW and Edinburgh. This is due to various problems with the Class 67s. Been told the 37s may carry "barbie" livery to make them more presentable. Been told there will be a new pool for sleeper locos aswell... I suppose this will utilise 37405 and 37417 which are in the surplus pool atm.

Will keep you updated.

Ta Badge

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Turbostar

Think I remember reading 'bout using the 67's on the WHL is costing EWS a fortune in maintaining the wheelsets, as they are wearing down so much as they can't cope with the tight curves of the WHL. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that's what it was about. ;)

Mart

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I wish it was true, but unless there's proof I don't believe it, as it just sounds too good to be true.

There have been many problems with the totally unsuitable 67s but FarceScotrail and EWS are absolutely determined that 67s be used on the route and they are extremely desperate to never change their minds. They are too proud to ever admit that they were wrong to introduce 67s.

The 158 Man

This is really good news, and as an added bonus we get 37s in barbie livery! :blob3:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I still don't believe it. Why is there nothing mentioned on wnxx? This is huge news, if true.

Mintona

Established Member
I hope it's true, but to some extent do doubt it.
I'm off to Fort William in Summer and would love to see some tractors on the beds, but I can't honestly see it. As Yorkie said, FSR are too proud...

experts

Mainly because me and 86242 and few select others have "good gen" sources. It is true, as I did not know 401 was being outshopped in Barbie, but since it's on toton paintshop (the same place the scotrail 90s were done) I belive it. Been told 405 is to have her ETH problems sorted for standby duties on the beds, while 401 will be the main stay. Should be hellfire as the drivers are getting a refresher course soon :)
FSR are very unproud now, after the bosses hit their heads off a door, they realised the 67s were causing their passenger numbers to drop slightly. First are in it for profit you must remember! Plus why do you want to go to Ft Bill? Uber dooper skip haul?

Ta Muchy
Badga

Ow well im sure the ft william staff will be happy to hear that! and as well the big chiefs at transport scotland and fsr!

Mintona

Established Member
Plus why do you want to go to Ft Bill? Uber dooper skip haul?

Ta Muchy
Badga

My family holiday this year, that's why I am going there.
But according to you there won't be "Uber dooper skip haul" ;)

But if you say it's happening, I don't have anything to prove you wrong.

experts

well, I saw 37401 today. On the paint shop. Might not happen as immediatly as planned, though I'm reliabley informed it will happen soon. And why listen to other forums?

Badge

westcoaster

Established Member
well, I saw 37401 today. On the paint shop. Might not happen as immediatly as planned, though I'm reliabley informed it will happen soon. And why listen to other forums?

Badge

what was it doing on the paint shop,hope the roof can hold it , should'nt it be in the paint shop:angel12:

experts

EWS did not allow me to take photos... I might get some later this week. It's currently in blue undercoat

westcoaster

Established Member
sorry bout the question but things dont add up
do you work for ews?
why were you in the depot?
why would they allow you to take pic's another time and not today?

experts

It's not surprising anyway, bound to happen. I edited the original as I knew I sounded rude, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.