• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

390 Stabling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Some stable at Wembley and Oxley. I expect some stable else where such as at Polmadie (Glasgow) and Edge Hill Intercity Depot (Liverpool)

Guinness

Established Member
They're Stabled at Depots;

Wembley EMUD
Oxley EMUD
Longsight Depot
Edge Hill Liverpool EMUD
Polmadie (Glasgow)

Also Nearby Stations:
Preston
Carlisle
Holyhead

One used to Stable at Crewe for the first run of the day to Euston but I don't think it does anymore and runs ECS from Longsight.

HTH

16CSVT2700

Established Member
At Carlisle 2 were stabled during the Overnighter. 23 in plat 3, and 41 I think was in the stabling roads.

Good thing they left 23 unlocked so we could sit in FC and enjoy the warmth :smile:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Even though they did that, we didn't exactly bother though did we? Most of the time we were out on the platform freezing ourselves half to death!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I survived an overnighter in Carlisle in March, that was bad. Oh, and I've done Paddington on an overnighter in December 2004, on the night at the end of the old timetable, into the morning of the new. And yes, it was co-o-o-o-o-o-ld! Try sleeping sat upright on the benches near the concourse of platform 1 in the middle of December at Paddington...No, it's not easy!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Even though they did that, we didn't exactly bother though did we? Most of the time we were out on the platform freezing ourselves half to death!
That is true! If I have the money and the patience to put up with a pendo for god knows how long again I'd be up for another overnight!

Though I might be awkward and get a GNER HST to newcastle and do the Tyne valley!

TheSlash

Established Member
Put it this way, the week before Christmas last year, we couldn't fully clear the vans of ice all week. We changed 4 rails in 4 nights, and each night we got a large fire going to keep warm:!:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
50149 said:
That is true! If I have the money and the patience to put up with a pendo for god knows how long again I'd be up for another overnight!

Go a different way...! Although that costs more I daresay!

I might not lose my fleece next time too!

Glad you enjoyed your first overnighter! Can't believe I was the only one who wasn't on their first overnighter!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Put it this way, the week before Christmas last year, we couldn't fully clear the vans of ice all week. We changed 4 rails in 4 nights, and each night we got a large fire going to keep warm:!:

:tongue9: forget that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.