• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

395s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimble19

Established Member
Afternoon all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I went on the Javelin for the first time yesterday but managed to forget to jot down the numbers for railmiles! If anyone could check what was operating the 10:42 from St Pancras and the 16:30 from Stratford International to St Pancras it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

On a related note: I was actually very impressed with them - fares aren't brilliant and I can see why regulars wouldn't be impressed, but 6 mins for St Pancras to Stratford is worth it IMHO. If IEP is anything like them (although hopefully with a more normal door layout) then perhaps it won't be as bad as expected..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
If IEP is anything like them (although hopefully with a more normal door layout) then perhaps it won't be as bad as expected..
Reportedly the door layout on the IEP trains will have a weak similarity to the arrangement on the 395s, with the 26 metre vehicles having such a large taper at the carriage ends that to locate the doors at the very ends of the carriages would create a prohibitively large gap between the train and curved platforms. So the doors will be located further inboard of the vehicle ends, although not to the same extent as the 395s, and instead of the area between the doors and the vehicle ends being used for seating as it is on the 395s it will instead be used to accomodate toilets and luggage storage.

Also, I agree with you that if the IEP trains draw on the design of the 395s, as the published images of IEP would tend to suggest (Which were published before the re-think of the door positions), then they could make for a very pleasant train.

fgwrich

Established Member
Reportedly the door layout on the IEP trains will have a weak similarity to the arrangement on the 395s, with the 26 metre vehicles having such a large taper at the carriage ends that to locate the doors at the very ends of the carriages would create a prohibitively large gap between the train and curved platforms. So the doors will be located further inboard of the vehicle ends, although not to the same extent as the 395s, and instead of the area between the doors and the vehicle ends being used for seating as it is on the 395s it will instead be used to accomodate toilets and luggage storage.

Also, I agree with you that if the IEP trains draw on the design of the 395s, as the published images of IEP would tend to suggest (Which were published before the re-think of the door positions), then they could make for a very pleasant train.

Hmm, Im not sure people will like the idea of having a luggage rack sandwiched between the corridor and entry/exit doors will be popular - at least, where they are at the moment, passengers can see their luggage in the luggage rack - also helped by clear glass panels. This could afterall, lead to a Transpennine Express style situation of missing luggage?.

Status
Not open for further replies.