• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4-Day Private Charter With 40145 on ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Malcmal

Since mentioned elsewhere, 6705/06 are the start of a Private Train for exclusive use by Mr H and his invited guests, so unfortunately 1X00 displayed was merely to indicate that 5Z40 was en route to collect Mr H from Euston.

Am I the only one who gets massively irritated by all this cloak and dagger discussion? If you know who it is then just say the name instead of this "Mr H" silliness.

Rant over. Thank you for your time 8-)

Meerkat

Established Member
Brexit must be paying out well if you are setting up your own non royal royal train...................
What kind of ball park cost would this 4 day charter have?
As a comparator there is/was a superyacht moored at Gunwharf, Portsmouth that is available for charter at €695,000 per week....PLUS EXPENSES!

ExRes

Established Member
Brexit must be paying out well if you are setting up your own non royal royal train...................

If you do some basic research you'll find he made his money before Brexit ever hit the headlines, as for all the jealousy surrounding his ownership of LSL that people seem to have, how many people has he employed since starting his 'hobby'? personally I hope he continues to grow the firm and give employment and enjoyment to many people, not to mention giving locos like 40145 a future

Malcmal

If you do some basic research you'll find he made his money before Brexit ever hit the headlines, as for all the jealousy surrounding his ownership of LSL that people seem to have, how many people has he employed since starting his 'hobby'? personally I hope he continues to grow the firm and give employment and enjoyment to many people, not to mention giving locos like 40145 a future

Well said!!!!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have no jealousy and I have already done my research, both basic and advanced. Thanks. I don't like the fact he spent money backing Farage and Brexit but perhaps that doesn't bother you. Anyway, I doubt he will be out of pocket after the Brexit his money helped delver. You and I might be. Sorry of you don't like this called out.

Well said!!!!

Touched a nerve? Perhaps he gets a free pass because he paints his trains nice.

Last edited:

Malcmal

Touched a nerve? Perhaps he gets a free pass because he paints his trains nice.

I just get so bored with people who don't like seeing others succeed that it's nice when someone pushes back once in a while. This is supposed to be a forum of supporters for all things related to rail but there are times you would wonder at peoples motivations. To be honest, @DarloRich , I wasn't really referring to you with that comment - or anything to do with Brexit. Just agreeing that if someone is doing a lot of good for this hobby then be happy!!

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I just get so bored with people who don't like seeing others succeed that it's nice when someone pushes back once in a while. This is supposed to be a forum of supporters for all things related to rail but there are times you would wonder at peoples motivations. To be honest, @DarloRich , I wasn't really referring to you with that comment - or anything to do with Brexit. Just agreeing that if someone is doing a lot of good for this hobby then be happy!!

No problem with success. No problem if people want to spend their money on Brexit. I just don't like it and wanted to point that out and let people make up their own minds. Spending money on things I might be interested in doesn't cancel out the other in my view. Even if this chap decided to take over my football team and promise spending beyond the dream of avarice I would make the same points. Anyway he is a Palace fan irc!

the sniper

Established Member

Who's got a problem with him throwing money at his train set? Far better than throwing obscene amounts of money into the Tory and Brexit machines for burning...

SeanG

I don't like the man's values towards politics and Brexit. But, he does pump money into preservation of trains which I approve of. So let's overlook the politics and agree that surely money into preservation can only be a good thing, especially at the moment.

On Moderation
I don't like the man's values towards politics and Brexit. But, he does pump money into preservation of trains which I approve of. So let's overlook the politics and agree that surely money into preservation can only be a good thing, especially at the moment.
LSL is not preservation, it’s a commercial operation.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think we’d better get back to the happy place of discussing class 40s on railtours and leave Brexit for ANYWHERE but here now... ;)

DarloRich

Veteran Member
btw - that class 40 needs a repaint. it looks like it has been through the carriage washer once to often. Can I suggest trainload metals?

ABB125

Established Member
btw - that class 40 needs a repaint. it looks like it has been through the carriage washer once to often. Can I suggest trainload metals?
It is looking slightly faded:
IMG_20200913_182631_746.jpg
Note the "shadow" of the BR logo!
From a distance, however, it looks passable:
IMG_20200915_105117_683.jpg
(Good day out that was!)

As for repainting, may I suggest either Colas or Freightliner Powerhaul?
IMG_20200620_174639_112.jpg
IMG_20200615_200743_505.jpg(I'm sure I've got some better shots of this somewhere, but I can't find them at the moment!)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Didn't Martin Walker re-paint D9000 in that colour?
I didn't like it TBH.
Do you mean with the white window surrounds and silver buffers etc?
That was how it was painted for its final few railtours (and was a variation of how Finsbury Park embellished their Deltics), but it wasn’t what I meant by Banger Blue.
We used to call the remaining locos painted in that livery as being painted in ‘Banger Blue‘ in the late 1980s (especially the class 47s as they were rapidly being painted into more modern liveries like triple grey Railfreight etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.