• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4-VEP heading to Ilford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Waldgrun

Slightly off topic but does anyone else recall the cant-rail stripe on the 4VEG's, sort of a red/orange colour , which caused some confusion, coaches being mistaken for buffet cars. Picture anyone?

Smudger105e

Slightly off topic but does anyone else recall the cant-rail stripe on the 4VEG's, sort of a red/orange colour , which caused some confusion, coaches being mistaken for buffet cars. Picture anyone?
Yes. The can't rail stripes were a sort of fluorescent red/pink colour with a fluorescent yellow over the first class. Had the legend Rail Air Link and a little BR crows foot with the top section detached so it looked like a 'plane taking off...

wimbledonpete

Yes. The can't rail stripes were a sort of fluorescent red/pink colour with a fluorescent yellow over the first class. Had the legend Rail Air Link and a little BR crows foot with the top section detached so it looked like a 'plane taking off...

The red was later changed to green as I remember.

colchesterken

Anyone heard from "Gordon" lately has he got his new coat. looking forward to that main line running

Castle Cary

Remarkable. In a lifetime of commuting, my heart always sank when a VEP turned up. How things change. Anyway, good luck to them.

eastwestdivide

Established Member

GW43125

Established Member
The VEP is, to quote "a bit knackered". As such, the minions need as much help as they can get (to the tune of £25,000) to help see this beauty back on the mainline, where she belongs: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/4VEP3417

This is, of course, no small task. Many components need replacing, from the comforts, such as toilets (now done I believe) and seats (a lot of work left to do), to the more important parts such as step boards and brake hoses. It's taken over a year's work to get the electrics alive again. You can follow the group's progress at: http://setg.org.uk/news/

I am not involved in this project sadly, however I work with people who do, anything you can give, be it a pint's worth or a much more substantial amount, would be greatly appreciated by all.

Let's work together to get this beauty out again!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Anyone heard from "Gordon" lately has he got his new coat. looking forward to that main line running

I was wondering about "Gordon" too, I did wonder if these were infact one and the same train, ?

I remember a few months ago, some one on this forum, lightheartedly, suggested a special with Gordon, Lynda Lymington Flier and the Brighton Belle all coupled together :)

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Well, I gave a small amount to this. Will be worth it to do Victoria - Ashford on one again (which was my last trip on one back in 2005 as it happens).

Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
The VEP is, to quote "a bit knackered". As such, the minions need as much help as they can get (to the tune of £25,000) to help see this beauty back on the mainline, where she belongs: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/4VEP3417

This is, of course, no small task. Many components need replacing, from the comforts, such as toilets (now done I believe) and seats (a lot of work left to do), to the more important parts such as step boards and brake hoses. It's taken over a year's work to get the electrics alive again. You can follow the group's progress at: http://setg.org.uk/news/

I am not involved in this project sadly, however I work with people who do, anything you can give, be it a pint's worth or a much more substantial amount, would be greatly appreciated by all.

Let's work together to get this beauty out again!

I would love to see this happen and to get this EMU back where it belongs on the 750V DC juice again, therefore I've just made my (sadly rather modest) contribution.

colchesterken

There is a note on the Just Giving page that if a donation is made via The Bluebell they may be able to claim gift aid=+25%
I will give them a ring to check it out

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Out of curiosity, why do so many charities still register with JustGiving when MyDonate does exactly the same thing except that it doesn't charge them for the privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.