• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

442s Bournemouth-Weymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJC_158

hi

i was wondering after a recent trip to bournemouth, why do the 442s split here and only 5 go onwards towards Weymouth?.
I've noticed the first 5 go to Weymouth and the rear 5 reverse and join the waterloo half.

cheers,
Dan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
There used to be an electrical current limitation preventing more than 1 442 at a time between Wareham and Weymouth

Coxster

Established Member
I believe there are also platform length issues at some stops and possibly the capacity isn't needed south of Bournemouth?

Jim

Established Member
Except Wereham & Poole & Weymouth I think all the other platforms only have 5 car capacity

Re power supply: I doubt it, as there has long been 2 units south of Wereham at 1 time

TheSlash

Established Member
The power supply has been upgraded.
Wareham to Weymouth had a current index of 8 and a single 442 draws between 7 and 8 depending on the info source.

T

Tom

On Saturday & Sundays, they do this purely to allow a 10-car service north of Bournemouth due to the amount of units in the fleet (24, 16 currently required. :()

Status
Not open for further replies.