• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

442s side by side at Clapham...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
I was admiring the little pot of flowers someone has left behind on the platform.

It really should be moved, being a trip hazard where it is, or maybe someones planted a bomb.

Guinness

Established Member
I do love the effect you've tried to create with the jungle of station furniture.

Look at the 442 it appears to have a Slam Door. I can only assume this is a Guards Compartment? Like the ones similar to Mk1 Slammers before they went?

T

Tom

442s have always had slam doors for the guard's area, yes.

The aim of the photo was to just get a rare shot before they all go, how often do you see a 442 on the Up slow & fast at EXACTLY the same time nowadays? :(

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Most likely everyday if you're there at the right time ;)

How often do you pace a kettle out of St Albans, the kettle nearly overtaking then the HST driver booting it ;) like hardly ever ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Most likely everyday if you're there at the right time ;)
Really? Wouldn't have thought they were scheduled on the slow lines on a regular basis.

A good thing about the pic, Tom, is that it has both a refurb and an unrefurb.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Really? Wouldn't have thought they were scheduled on the slow lines on a regular basis.

Depends on the siggie's regulating!

Still, they may be based on mk3 coaches and have clapped out REP motors in, but they're still only units to me :roll: :mrgreen:

*awaits backlash* 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.