• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

444 DGL Millbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Established Member
There was a 444 on what i think was the Down Goods Loop next to Millbrook at at laest 10.45 to 12.00 + this morning. On its left would be the reception road into the Western Docks. Two or three hi-vis jacketed guys had got out of the cab when we went past/ I have never seen an electric unit on that line before...the third rail stops afterwards I think.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hydro

Established Member
SWT Twitter feed is saying no down trains were calling at Millbrook at that time. Could be a connection?

EDIT: Not SWT, NRE.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
For what it's worth Quail vol 5 shows the 2 lines alongside the down main alongside Millbrook's platforms are both DC electrified as far as the country end of the platforms, (although not to scale). They describe them as the up and down docks branch at that point, the 5th line east of the A35 bridge is described as the 'down loop extension' - I guess because there is another exit from the original down loop before then?

A SWT Desiro (not sure which one) failed at Millbrook around 10am this morning. Could be this one.

Oracle

Established Member
That's the one!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I was just informed that the 444 got stuck because of a low conductor rail that has suffered through subsidence. After attempts at rescue with another 444, an 8-car (so 2x 450) was coupled up and brought the errant uniot back to Central. Thus a rare 13-car combo, though I gather that there have been 13-car ECS trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.