• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

46233 in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichmondCommu

Established Member
A recently posted submission on the Cornwall Railway Society website suggests that the last Royal Duchy excursion to Par on Sunday will be hauled throughout by a West Coast diesel
after issues with 46233.

Can anyone provide details of what has happened to it? AFAIK it was still rostered to work the train as of Friday.

http://www.cornwallrailwaysociety.org.uk/headlines---latest-reports-and-photographs

Has this got anything to do with the use or indeed none use of the turntable at St Blazey? In order to turn the loco on the turntable fence panels have had to be removed which has caused problems with tenants on the DB owned site.

83G/84D

Established Member
Has this got anything to do with the use or indeed none use of the turntable at St Blazey? In order to turn the loco on the turntable fence panels have had to be removed which has caused problems with tenants on the DB owned site.

No not directly, the steam loco was due to work the journey as far as Plymouth and then be replaced by a class 47 or 57.

It seems the steam loco and support coach never made the planned move on Saturday from Butterley to Bristol. I was curious to know why.
The 47 / 57 made the move from Southall to Bristol with the coaches so it appears that in the absence of a replacement for 46233 it will be diesel hauled throughout.

tnxrail

Noted on RTT and Uk Steam as operational problems at the depot, so may not be with the loco unless anyone knows more.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Seen some comments on social media that any speculation posted on the owning groups Facebook page has been swiftly deleted. Sounds like something has gone wrong in the depot and may need full investigation.

TimNice

updated on Facebook now as having had a derailment and requiring safety inspections.

Anyone know why 46233 was 50 minutes late yesterday (heard this on facebook) for the return to London from York as I was waiting for it to get a photo and video. Came in on Platform 10 and was 20 minutes later than it was supposed to be and only had one carriage which I think is the crew one behind the engine, it stayed on the platform for about 5 minutes and then disappeared again. Didn't wait for it to come back to the station again as I wanted to go to NRM before Great Hall closed at 5pm to set up for the evening event. Nearly had the video messed up by a Grand Central Class 43 coming the opposite way onto platform 9 where i was standing but managed to get it just in time before it got there.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.