• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

47 cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
I got quite a few pics of a 47 cab at Kings x a few weeks ago.
DSCF1488.jpg

That being one of the pics.

I was wondering if its useable

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Slightly off topic but what type of cameras are best for taking cab photos? Do I need a wide angle SLR camera or something? I used my digital camera but I didnt capture the full width of the cab.

devon_metro

Established Member
A normal cam will do. If it's not wide enough use less zoom or step backwards or take a few shots and combine them :p

Simon_G

Nice pic, 313 and in some ways better than the one in the BVE 47. I like the slightly wider angle with a little of the side window in view and the point of view looks spot on. The camera seems to be pointing too far down, though - it would have been useful to see the top of the TPWS box with the brake demand light and more of the view out of the window.

I agree with Liam about flash making BVE panels look strange and it's a b*****r to get rid of - I spent days on the HST panel last year and the flash still shows through. Better to try using natural light and a longer exposure if possible. On the other hand, your photo wouldn't have been half so interesting with the outside view washed out and BVE aside it's a really good picture.

class 313

Established Member
I have a photo of the whole AWS (with sunflower showing) zoomed in, also i have a no flash used. Thanks for the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.