• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

47434 "Pride in Huddersfield"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

anyone got any info on it?

such as what its doing?, where it is?

i'd be very greatful for any information

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

a bit upsetting that it was scrapped just 5 years after its naming

Thanks anyway Frank

AlexS

Established Member
Puh. They withdrew 87011 City Of Wolverhampton less than 4 years after it's naming. Admittedly, 390005 replaced it (and so is the only Pendolino I really actually like, you can't hate 'your' town's train, after all!)

Ben

DescendingSadly said:
Pride in Huddersfield? bahahahaha, more like 'Shame in Huddersfield'

cheeky bugger

and to think you are from this area :D

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with Descending Sadly. At least 'City of Kingston upon Hull' hasn't been scrapped (though I wouldn't be suprised if GNER decided to change its name ;) )

steve158

the nameplate is in the "head of steam" pub in huddersfield, according to the penistone line mag it's been on the wall there longer than on the loco!!

metrocammel

http://neils-photos.fotopic.net/p329114.html

There it is at it's naming festival, one of the fine machines, along with the peaks, deltics and Transpennine Griddle Units, that once pounded through Stalybridge & Ashton, now you have to put up with 142's and 158's, and "oh no", we've soon got them nasty Sour Crout Desiro's!!!, Couldn't they have just invested in refurbing some mk2's and 47's for the TPE services???! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.