• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

47's, 50's, 60009(A4) & GCR 1960's gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmay

Sorry for the lateness of this update but I've not been feeling well since Saturday.

Anyway, A selection of photographs from a successful day out to Loughborough and the Great Central Railway. In the morning I saw 50031 and 50049 double heading 'The Redmire Rambler' past Water Orton. Later on at Loughborough I saw 60009 heading 'The Yorkshireman' and shortly after the Blue Pullman raced through. Later in the day I took a trip to the GCR station of Quorn & Woodhouse and took some photos of the trains working on the day including 20's, a 47 and various steam locos.

Look here: http://midlandrailpics.fotopic.net/c905785.html for the photos.

Any comments welcome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Nice shot's from the GCR. I'm glad you caught the sun on Saturday, I didn't :(

andrewmay

Thanks for the comments. You had to be out in the morning to catch the sun on that Saturday as by the time I left the GCR by about 2pm it was dissapearing and started raining on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.