• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

47s and Freight at Crewe/Acton Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A day out at Crewe, followed by a trip to Acton Bridge has brought results! Plenty of 47s, freight, and other units can all be found on my website at www.botanicdepot.fotopic.net.

Enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Lucky the avoiding lines were closed! I don't think I've ever seen a freight train through Crewe station! Some nice shots there!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
1288gaje said:
i keep getting confused with Acton Bridge! :?
If you ever want to visit Acton Mainline, don't ask for a ticket to Acton Bridge as it may cost you a little more money than you expect ;)

Acton Bridge is nowehere near Acton. Rather like Loughborough Junction being nowhere near Loughborough.

evil_hippo

So, Acton Bridge to Acton Mainline. That would not only be a nice ticket to ahve but would presumably count as north of Crewe for journeys to London (though I'm not sure).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
evil_hippo said:
So, Acton Bridge to Acton Mainline. That would not only be a nice ticket to ahve but would presumably count as north of Crewe for journeys to London (though I'm not sure).
Yes if you wanted to go from Crewe to London you could get that ticket at little (if any) extra, for the novelty factor ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.