• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

47s at Watford Junction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherJ

This afternoon as I was waiting for 82126+MK3s+90021 on the 15:14 from BNS - Euston at Watford Junction, a pair of 47s (an Ex-VT one, didn't manage to catch its number and Freightliner Grey 47173 IIRC) went though on the Slow Lines towards London, I didn't get a Photograph of them as the MK3 set from BNS entered the platform at the same time on the Fast, I could of either Photographed the MK3 set or 47s, I Photographed the MK3 set instead as it was what I went to Watford for.

Anybody know where the 47s were heading for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
47173 now thats not in operation with FL as they only have 3 or 4 (Intermodal) in fact only remaining one is 47303 which was at Ipswich with no allocation. 47309 is at Southampton (Shunter)

However my guess is it was probably a Heavy Haul one (47841 probably) not sure about the grey 47 DIT though. Did you notice what wagons they were hauling?

jonb

Established Member
47197 & 47848 passed Castleford with six ex-Virgin Mk3s heading East.

This was probably the pair you saw yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.