• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

47s on Norwich - Yarmouth / Lowestofts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello

According to the sulzerpower web site 47s and stock have been used regularly recently at least for a morning out and back, anyone know how long this might go on for?

Also anyone know if they are expected to be out on Saturday 23 March, could someone post when they know if they are out and how long they are expected to stay out

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
I think it has been covering for a dmu shortage over the last few weeks & seems to be only used as required.

dk1

Veteran Member
DfT not at all happy with constant rail replacement on 08.09 Yarmouth. Several units stopped/away so 47s back reguardless of cost.

a1a.a1a

DfT not at all happy with constant rail replacement on 08.09 Yarmouth. Several units stopped/away so 47s back reguardless of cost.

:thumbup: exellent news, hadn't heard a thing about this despite being on various forums & groups.? ! keep us informed ... and i'll be looking for some time off to attend!

dk1

Veteran Member
:thumbup: exellent news, hadn't heard a thing about this despite being on various forums & groups.? ! keep us informed ... and i'll be looking for some time off to attend!

It is not in traffic on a daily basis. Although the 06.50+08.36 Nrw-Gym has been a safe bet of late. No stupid timetable changes that cause passengers to miss connections & Brundall Gardens calls can now be made after months & months of p*ssing regulars off last year :roll:

Spends most of the day relaxing in the Jubilee Sidings at Norwich. Yesterday was a better unit day as had a 2-car 170 & a 153 spare in the Low Level too.

a1a.a1a

It is not in traffic on a daily basis. Although the 06.50+08.36 Nrw-Gym has been a safe bet of late.

Ok, A bit too far to get up and go on the day... might be worth a gamble on a room tho... ?!

NSEFAN

Established Member
It's been in traffic quite a lot recently. I saw it in service on at least two occasions last week:

At Norwich on Friday 30th
At Brundall on Saturday 31st

The set seems to be used on just one round trip when it's out. The workings I saw were morning trips to Great Yarmouth, but it has worked a Norwich - Stowmarket evening working at least once!

NXEA!

The set's been in use pretty much every morning. 47501 and 802 have been doing the honours, and one of them managed to work a Norwich express yesterday! 90003 failed at Bow with a TDM failure on the 15.30 Liverpool Street to Norwich with just 7 Mark 3's plus DVT. The 90 hauled the set back to Liverpool Street where it was terminated. 47501 was then commandeered to go light from Crown Point to Liverpool Street as 0Z99, and then it formed the 20.00 to Norwich with 90003 dead on the rear. The performance was very very impressive, I had it as far as Colchester - 6 minutes late at Stratford and 7 minutes late at Shenfield due to line congestion as well as slow running through Witham was turned into a 4 minute late arrival into Colchester - hellfire run, plenty of clag and lots of noise! <D Good to see 47's working main-line expresses in 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.