• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4tc unit - Bluebell diesel gala 15,16,17 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyp88

Is anyone aware of when the intended 4tc unit will be taken to East Grinstead as part of there Diesel gala event? Hoping to see it pass as it makes its way there

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D1009

Established Member
Is anyone aware of when the intended 4tc unit will be taken to East Grinstead as part of there Diesel gala event? Hoping to see it pass as it makes its way there
My guess would be that as GBRf are exhibiting examples of their operational fleet there, they would be used to haul the 4TC there. This will probably be very close to the start of the weekend, so the locos are unavailable for their normal duties for the shortest time possible.

Deepgreen

Established Member
The 4TC ran with three 73s, all under power as far as I could tell - giving 4,800hp for four coaches! Photo attached, from East Croydon.

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 82

Evvy73

It certainly was an enjoyable afternoon at the Bluebell.

I managed to catch a video of the unit arriving at Sheffield Park behind 73964: https://youtu.be/unxznUmBZnc

There are a few other clips from yesterday on my channel as well if anyone is interested, plus I have a few more to upload.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I have various photos and video clips to upload too, and I concur it was a top day on the Bluebell today. Apart from the token getting stuck in the box at Kingscote around 1600! :lol:

BRX

Established Member
The 4TC is down to be taken to the SVR tomorrow apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.