• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4th December FGW HST 4minute interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloogrape

Well as the title says,, friday i was getting on from aldermaston (yes i live there) going to newbury, my train was 14minutes late, normaly in that time i rarely see but one HST going towards reading,
this morning i had seen two going to newbury direction and one upmain to reading.

after work at newbury i was sitting at the station, the rain going mad, and every 4minutes for my 20minute wait i had seen a HST follow each other, both ways, was there a diversion or something because ive never seen so many HST's like that, every 4minutes following each other, with people in. my friend who drives for FGWL said that they might have been doing it because the rain was so bad, but that cant be right? he hadnt heard of any redirect?

I must admit after seeing the fourth while waiting i was getting happy in the rain because i just love that smelly big HST!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
No idea!! Sounds HST-tastic though!! <D <D

I know there where point problems in/around london today, but nope, no idea about the 4th... :?:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
4th of December was Friday, and there was engineering work on this date causing trains to be diverted via Newbury. Could have been that?

David

Established Member
It Probably was that. The GWML was closed between Didcot and Swindon, with everything diverted via the B&H and Melksham to Swindon. From Swindon, they reversed and proceeded as normal to their destinations

Harold

4th of December 2005 was a Sunday!
2nd of December was a Friday.

Sounds like an eventful 20 mins at Newbury though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.