• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

500 Miles Proclaimers

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnychips

Established Member
I've looked on Google and I can't find a UK Rail Forums link to this, but do correct me if I'm wrong. It seems that on their video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI

there are several archive rail clips in the background starting at 1:52, another at 2:25 then 2:43 and 3:15 onwards. Any idea of train types and locations? Some are evidently not from Scotland, but if you would walk 500 miles, they wouldn't be!

In any case, I hope you enjoy the tune!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I can't see the link currently but I think that's the one with lots of CIG action between Brighton and Lewes (including London Road viaduct).

One of the scenes is a train on the Up Brighton at Lewes, think there are a couple of VEPS and possibly either a CAP or a HAP.

70014IronDuke

Established Member
i can't quite understand why a Scots' band, well, at least the two lead singers appear to speak Glaswegian, are declaring that their undying love would mean they were prepared to walk 1,000 miles would mean nothing in terms of the reward for the chance of cuddling up to their favoured one - while in the background they show trains of any sort, let alone what appears to be BR 4 Ceps or some such on the Brighton line. What has that got to do with a) Glasgow (or anywhere in bonnie Scotland) and b) walking 1,000 miles for a troth?

And we complain about the continuity of film makers. Even Rod Stewart would get that one right. :)

johnnychips

Established Member
Thanks for the answers. Now you mention it, that viaduct seems familiar from my few visits to Brighton.

I don't think the lads are from Glasgow, I thought they were from Auchtermuchty, which I think is in Fife.

DasLunatic

A walk from Leith to Brighton in the most direct manner is 428 miles.
8a3474796d2b70020d5c42661428487c.jpg

It's not impossible to alter their route so it really is 1,000 miles, but it'd mean heading all the way up to Inverness first...
349d1e5f0899e2159298e4e80d364d3d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.