• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

50017 "Royal Oak" running day at the Plym Valley Railway, Saturday June 9th 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

50Fan91

50017 "Royal Oak" will be undertaking its first public runs in preservation on Saturday June 9th at the Plym Valley Railway.

An events page on the social networking site "Facebook" has been created, from where all the details for the day can be obtained. It should be possible to view this page and the details contained without a Facebook profile if you do not already have one.

The Return of 50017 "Royal Oak"!

If any of you are having trouble accessing the page, the main details are as follows:

DETAILS:

We would like to invite all of 50017's friends, supporters, enthusiasts, preservationists and bashers to the return to service of 50017 "Royal Oak". It is very important for 50017 that the event is a success in the eyes of the Plym Valley Railway's management, so please come along and support us for what promises to be a fantastic day!

50017 will be hauling the Plym Valley's three beautifully restored chocolate and cream Mk2 coaches, two of which retain their original NSE upholstery, as well as classic Eddie Pond artwork.

The Plym Valley Railway will be offering buffet facilities with food and drink on the platform at Marsh Mills. There will also be a raffle with an appropriate prize, and even some rather interesting commemorative NSE themed items on sale!
____

TIMINGS:

The Plym Valley Railway Marsh Mills site will be open from 11:00 on the Saturday morning, with 50017 running services from 13:00.
____

TICKET PRICES:

1 Adult Return: £2.50
1 Child Return: £1.00
1 All Day Rover: £6.50
____

HOW TO FIND US:

To get to the Plym Valley Railway by car:

Marsh Mills Station
Coypool Road
Plympton
PLYMOUTH
PL7 4NW

Follow the B3416 off the Marsh Mills roundabout, (below the A38 next to Sainsburys), towards Plympton, or follow the signs for the Coypool Park and Ride Car Park, which is situated opposite the Railway.

Car parking space in the immediate vicinity of the Marsh Mills site is Extremely limited, and it is highly recommended that you plan in advance exactly where you intend to leave your car, legally and safely! Please try and avoid parking in the park and ride car park - they are not best pleased if you do this but are not using the bus. Alternative car parks include the B&Q car park as well as the car park next to Currys and Comet.

Alternately, for those of you arriving by train:

Walking directions (estimated time no more than 10 minutes) from Plymouth station to the Park and Ride bus stop (PR2):

1. On exiting Plymouth railway station, turn right and follow the road as it curls up and left towards the roundabout.

2. At the roundabout, follow the pedestrian underpass and progress straight across the centre of the roundabout. Cross straight to the other side, and you will emerge from the second pedestrian underpass with the Copthorne Hotel on your right, and a student accommodation building on your left.

3. Keep straight on down this pedestrian area, past the Salvation Army building on your left, and you will come to a road that bisects your path at 90° to your direction of travel.

4. On your immediate left you will see a Subway next door to an Oggy Oggy Pasty shop. On the opposite side of the road is the bus stop from which you can catch the PR2 service. A return ticket for adults is £2.20, (at the time of writing, anyway!)

Any queries please get in contact! We look forwards to seeing you for a day of pure Network SouthEast!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cymroglan

I really fancy going to this event, but it's a three hour drive away, and I believe they have a very short running line, and it sounds as though parking etc could be tricky. On the other hand, it is Royal Oak, in NSE livery! Decisions, decisions!!

50Fan91

... I believe they have a very short running line ...

The Plym Valley Railway currently runs over a length of track 3/4s of a mile in length, from Marsh Mills to Lee Moor crossing. However, the timetable will be very intensive with the loco working return trips up and down the line very regularly during the day.

... and it sounds as though parking etc could be tricky.

Unfortunately the Plym Valley Railway does not have its own car park - but with no more than two minutes walking distance there are a variety of options available to you at no cost!

On the other hand, it is Royal Oak, in NSE livery! Decisions, decisions!!

Yes, it is Royal Oak, Yes it is NSE livery! Yes, easy decision! :D

Cymroglan

Thanks, 50Fan91! You have put my mind at ease over the car parking issues, and you have confirmed that it is Royal oak in NSE livery!
However, there's still the 3 hour drive and the length of the track!
Here's to indecision!

GearJammer

Thanks, 50Fan91! You have put my mind at ease over the car parking issues, and you have confirmed that it is Royal oak in NSE livery!
However, there's still the 3 hour drive and the length of the track!
Here's to indecision!

Oh go on, just do, im driving down there from Portsmouth! Its the thought of doing it thats the worst part, once your on ya way its easy!

oattam09

I travelled behind her on the last outing and the performance belied the length of track available. It was an excellent trip, and a credit to the hard work of the preservation group, in somewhat restricted facilities. The photos of the new NSE livery look amazing, I'll definitely be there again! :D

50Fan91

I travelled behind her on the last outing and the performance belied the length of track available. It was an excellent trip, and a credit to the hard work of the preservation group, in somewhat restricted facilities. The photos of the new NSE livery look amazing, I'll definitely be there again! :D

We look forwards to seeing you tomorrow! That is TOMORROW, JUNE 9TH, EVERYONE! Come and join us for a day of 50 thrash! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.