• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

55003/55022

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanf

Sorry if this is on elsewhere but is there a thread about 55022 being renumbered 55003 I have searched and cant find anything

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Can't say I am particularly keen on renumbering locos a scrapped examples, but I have to agree it looks stonking!

Clarence Yard

Established Member
A picture of it got onto my phone a week last Friday when I was at an industry meeting and I nearly shot out of my chair in amazement! No 3 is back - sort of!

I'm no fan of alternative identities but on it sinking in, I must admit to having a tear in my eye, which I'm not prone to do. The unanimous verdict of my fellow ex FP colleagues to the owner is "Well done, many thanks".

Back at base some forty something managers who I didn't have down as serious Gricers in their youth were uttering such words as "hellfire", "dreadful" and "my lords" in the office!

There is something about a white cab racehorse Deltic that touched their souls as much as it did those of us older railwaymen who knew the originals intimately. It's a heck of a tribute to our old depot, for which we are very grateful.

Rick1984

May be a stupid question, but why is a Deltic, a preserved train, doing empty stock movements?

May be a stupid question, but why is a Deltic, a preserved train, doing empty stock movements?

Martin Walker (owner) gets a hell of a lot of money in hire fees off GBRf. Frees up 66s for other duties they are more suited for, although doesn't do a Napier PU much good sat around idling for long periods

Rick1984

thanks for the reply, shame it wasn't around when I lived in Glasgow briefly a few years back!

Defiance149

Martin Walker (owner) gets a hell of a lot of money in hire fees off GBRf. Frees up 66s for other duties they are more suited for, although doesn't do a Napier PU much good sat around idling for long periods
The Scottish set of translators also needs an ETS supply for some of the moves as not generator fitted so saves GBRf hiring something like a 57/3, as they did before the Deltic arrived.

northernman

Verified Rep - Northern
I remember seeing the real number 3 sitting at the back of Donny works looking forlorn. Good grief that was a long time ago! Not a great fan of renumbering either, but it does look good!

Strathclyder

Established Member
Saw it for the first time yesterday. Looked absolutely stunning:
16408605679_c06c6ef7c1_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129464815@N05/16408605679/

Status
Not open for further replies.