• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

55013's Contemporary Trip Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Will we soon have you call you Dr 13? ;)

Bashing Networkers to get them over 10 miles is good fun, my favourite ones are the services which run fast from London Bridge to Hither Green [Charing Cross - Sevenoaks] & the London Bridge -New Eltham fast services (Charing Cross - Gravesend). Although only because they are an easy-ish way to rack up the miles quickly.

My usual rule is to bail out after they reach 10 miles, unless staying on for longer gives a better connection.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexf380

Established Member
Some very good days in the capital Mr.13. Unfortunate with the Oyster farce from Purley, indeed as you say that's one (of the few) reasons why a paper travelcard is better. Onto the next, though!

Established Member
Thanks chaps.

Tech - it's all about enjoyment and being wedged on a rush hour train is as far from my idea of enjoyment as possible whilst being on a train :)
As for the three and a half year thing, that just alludes to the fact that I retire 183 weeks on Tuesday (not that I'm counting, obviously).

Anyway, I've one more day to post and here it is.

Saturday the 9th was my last day.
It began in the customary way, with a full breakfast at the hotel.

Fully sated I strolled round to East Croydon, pondering my plans for the next few hours.
By the time I'd got there I'd decided to go after a class that I've had a few of; most of them had only been sampled for short leaps so I wanted to get a couple into the ten mile club.
Unfortunately, this is a class I'm unlikely to get from East Croydon, so I took tram 2549 to West Croydon.
The type I was interested in was class 378.
The first LO departure wasn't on my needs list, so I rejected it and hung around for a further quarter of an hour.
My decision was the correct one and 378146 was my reward.
Taking this to new station Haggerston got it into the TMC.
A more traditional short leap followed, with required 378215 taking me to Wapping.

378135, carrying the new LO livery, was next.
This was another short hop, to dud station Hoxton.

EMU 378135_2019.03.09_Hoxton by Phil Wood, on Flickr

I'd left it there because I wanted to get a few other things in before heading home.
But not before I'd got another new 378 in the book.
378141 was the unit in question and I took it from Hoxton to West Croydon, making it the second member of the class to join the TMC today.

Now it was time for a pair of Southern's finest ;).
455832 and 455825 were sampled twice.
I went in 825 to Wallington then hung around for them coming back before joining 832 for a run to Battersea Park.
More 455 action followed, with 455822 and 455804 providing the entertainment from Battersea Park to Banstead.

EMU 455804_2019.03.09_Banstead by Phil Wood, on Flickr

I was now thinking of heading home and had spotted a move that would do the trick.
It did depend on making a plus two at Sutton, though.
A stupid move?
Well, I'd worked out that if I missed the unit I could still get to Kings Cross quarter of an hour before my train home by catching the service half an hour later.
The same pair of 455s arrived on time and it was a simple cross platform walk at Sutton to join 700010.
The 700 was taken to St Pancras and I discovered that, not unusually, Kings Cross was in melt-down.
An up service had failed at Peterborough in the morning and the after effects were still rumbling on.

I was booked on the 16.33 to Leeds.
The service booked an hour before that had still not departed.
RTT wasn't very helpful as last-minute platform changes were going on continuously.
The half three train left about ten past four
Would I be in line for some delay repay?
No.
My train was announced and I piled on without having time to view the loco.
We left the Cross 29 minutes late.
Arrival at Leeds was also 29 late.
Not knowing what the loco was had bugged me all the way home, so naturally the first thing I did was leg it to the business end to see this:

90019_2019.03.09_2_Leeds by Phil Wood, on Flickr

Nice, but it meant another London trip had resulted in exactly zero 91 miles.

Now I just had to get to Bradford.
After a lot of faffing about that rivalled the situation at Kings Cross I eventually got squeezed onto 158755.

My post match analysis showed me that I'd had 36 winners, 29 of them going straight into the TMC.
The ten mile club was further bolstered by the addition of seven dud units, which gave it a nice symmetry.
19 winning stations completed a very satisfying move.

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
I feel for you getting 378s into the TMC, they are not the fastest of services (and the announcements do drone on).

That was a good run from the 90 not losing anymore time to Leeds

xotGD

Established Member
You can't really complain about a lack of 91 miles when your train dropped a 90! Get 'em while they last.

That 378 actually looks quite smart.

Established Member
That was a good run from the 90 not losing anymore time to Leeds

Yes indeed. At one point I actually thought that it couldn't be a 90 for that very reason.

You can't really complain about a lack of 91 miles when your train dropped a 90! Get 'em while they last.

I've nothing against a run on a 90 and that particular one was very impressive.
The thing is that over the last few years I've invested a lot of time and money in an attempt to clear the 91s for a thousand miles each.
I still need to get five of them to that mark and time is running out.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
55013, I can't say I blame you counting down to retirement. I've got just under 34 years to go (it was 31 until the age got increased) and when I convert that into weeks that number isn't a pleasant thought! As for the rush hour thing, I do agree cramming into a rush hour train isn't much fun. However if it's a winner then that makes it fun enough until I get bored and need to get something else scored. Having mild ADD really can be frustrating sometimes, but it does come in handy for being alert!

That new LO livery does look good, works well on the 378s.

A shame your 91 mileage needs didn't get improved after all, I can understand how annoying that must have been. I wouldn't have the patience to do 10 miles on things, and shack scoring really isn't my fun these days. I did get a score recently, and I considered going back to doing them again, but the thought of festering at shacks made me feel rather displeased so I'll stick to just going for haulage needs. I don't even bother with new sights these days, although the IETs on GWR I've made a bit of an effort with weirdly.

As always, a top read there :)

Keith Jarrett

Thanks chaps.

As for the three and a half year thing, that just alludes to the fact that I retire 183 weeks on Tuesday (not that I'm counting, obviously).

Mr 13, I really feel for you with 180 odd weeks to go but it's worth hanging in there. I have about 7 weeks to go before its all over. I too am not counting but I did a quick tally today and I have about 20 commuting days left (I have leave to take and also work at home once a week).

As ever, top drawer reads from your good self.

Established Member
Blimey, it's been ten weeks since I was last here!
As might be supposed, I've been ridiculously busy of late.
I've not forgotten the railway, though :)

Keith - you must have finished now, I hope you enjoy a long and happy retirement.

Anyway, on with the show.
Luckily for me it’s not been all work over the last couple of months; some play has filled my time since I last graced these pages.

The first thing I did following my London trip was a North East Round Robin with my mate 45135.
I’ve a lot to catch up so I won’t dwell too much on this as all we basically did was run up and down the ECML between York and Newcastle on 91s.
Several locos featured although only one of my mileage requirements, 91120, put in an appearance.
The 116 and a bit miles (Darlington – Newcastle, then Newcastle – York) meant that it is no longer the lowest on the list, 91131 replacing it at the bottom of the pile.

My next trip was on Good Friday.
I was London bound once more, although when I’d booked it I didn’t realise the significance of the date.
I was on the morning service from Bradford Forster Square and, as I was booked on an earlier the usual service back, decided to go from Shipley instead of Wakefield.

Naturally I was hoping for one of my five sub-thousand mile machines.
I can’t say I was stunned when it wasn’t one.
91114 pulled, then pushed, me to Kings Cross.

Due to the bank holiday engineering works the first thing I saw at the Cross was a sleeper!
This gave me an opportunity to get a shot of a Freightliner 90 in platform 0, which was nice.

90046_2019.04.19_Kings Cross by Phil Wood, on Flickr

Once I found out it was a Bank Holiday I’d done some research and discovered that large parts of my usual haunts were affected by engineering works.
Thus, I headed East as Liverpool Street actually had something extra to offer me today.
C2C services were using a different Street to normal as the Fenchurch one was shut.

21024 was my ride from Kings Cross.

A nice pair of winners, 357001 and 357203 were stood in the soon to disappear platform 18.
They’ll do for starters, I thought to myself.
I sat in the doyen of the class as the two of them applied for, and received, membership of the ten mile club on the way to Upminster.

My good luck continue as another pair of the same class, 357042 and 357201 appeared to take me back from whence I came.
I’ve mentioned in previous reports that I continually have bad luck when it comes to scooping 357s, so to get four in was better than I dared hope.
I do like to ride in each individual unit, however, so swapped from 042 to 201 for a run back out from Liverpool Street, as far as Stratford.

EMU 357201_2019.04.19_Stratford by Phil Wood, on Flickr

The situation with 357203 from earlier was the same as it had been for 357201, in other words I wanted it for a ride in.
I knew when it should be back so decided to fill the time with a bit of shack scratching.

As I’ve mentioned before, I split some stations into their various component parts.
I still needed a bit of Stratford, so it was to the Jubilee line platforms I headed, or as I call them Stratford Low Level (LU).
took me from there to Canning Town (LU).

I still had a bit of time and decided to risk a spin on the DLR.
Winner 125 was paired with dud 155 for the short hop from Canning Town Upper (DLR) to East India.
A winning pair, 43 & 87, took me back.

Now it was just a case of taking 96621 back to Stratford, nip upstairs and step onto 357203.
Unfortunately, the underground service got held outside Stratford for a bit, then I got stuck in the crowd heading out.
I got to the platform just as the 357s were pulling away.

The C2C services had quite a rapid turnaround at Liverpool Street, so I wasn’t certain I could make it there.
I didn’t fancy another trip to Upminster so decided to try anyway.
The first winning Dusty of the day, 321437 took me in but, sure enough, I missed them again.
Now 357203 was really bugging me.
Nevertheless, there was nothing I could do for a while, so I looked around for requirements.
321328 fitted the bill nicely, so it was taken, along with its dud sister 321355, to Shenfield.

Two more units went from required to membership of the TMC when 360102 and 360104 provide my ride from Shenfield to Liverpool Street.
My run of winners continued with 321426 out to Stratford.

EMU 321426_2019.04.19_Stratford by Phil Wood, on Flickr

Here I hung about as that pesky 357 was due soon and I wasn’t going to risk missing it again.
My patience paid off and 357001/203 rolled in on time.
The run to the Street put that issue to bed.

I wanted to get back to Stratford as soon as possible, so stayed on the 357s.
321437 from earlier was still wanted for ten miles.
As with the 357s, I decided I had time for a quick fill-in turn.
As with the 357s, it went wrong.

I took 93224 from the Central Line platform as far as Leyton.
It was straight over the bridge and onto 91059 for the run back.
The journey out took just three minutes.
A similar return would mean I had five minutes to meet the 321.
Sadly, we ground to a halt soon after leaving Leyton.
The driver announced a signal failure.
Blast.
In the event the wait wasn’t too long, but by the time I got off at Stratford I’d been on it for nine minutes, meaning 321437 had already departed.
A look on RTT showed that, once again, I’d couldn’t make it at Liverpool Street.
Maybe later.

My shack scores for this year were well below what they should be if I’m to meet my target, so it was back to the Jubilee Line and 96005 to West Ham (LU).
96101 returned me to Stratford.

I wanted more mainline winners and had about twenty minutes before I got some.
321349 & 321365 being the units in question.
I rode them to Shenfield.

The numbers were boosted further by 360101 & 360105.
I took this pair into Liverpool Street, then back out again to ride in both.
Naturally my second run on them finished at Stratford.

Whilst I had been doing all this 321437 had gone out and was on its way back.

I had another underground stop on my agenda, but that was in a different part of the city, so I hung around for 321437 and did it for my last run of the day into Liverpool Street.
Two Stratford leaps is still a bit short of the ten miles but it’s getting there.
I considered doing it back out but on this occasion it had a lengthy lay-over so decided against it.

24355 took me to Kings Cross.

This was followed by stroll to the Northern Line platforms.
I’m a big fan of London’s very own nutty boys, Madness, and have been since they first hit the charts in 1979.
Anybody with the slightest interest in this band will know that the cover photo of their second album, Absolutely, depicts the group stood in front of an underground station.
I wanted to visit this spot and see if I could get a photo from the same angle.

Thus, it was 718 from Kings Cross to Chalk Farm.
I went outside but was disappointed to discover that the exact angle of their photo is no longer possible as London Transport have seen fit to install a big glass bus shelter there.
Nevertheless, a picture from a slightly more acute angle was taken before I returned to the platform and 630 to the Cross.

Here, 91110 was waiting to take me home.
91110_2019.04.19_Kings Cross by Phil Wood, on Flickr

My train back was the 19.33 to Leeds and, somewhat surprisingly given my experiences on my last few trips to London, it left on time.
Normality was soon restored and Wakefield was reached 31 minutes late.

Although I was staying on to Leeds I had a Wakefield ticket as I use my Mcard for the last few miles.
This was relevant as the train was 29 minutes late into Leeds, so some delay repay could be claimed .

322485 did the last leg of my journey back to Shipley and another productive and enjoyable, if slightly different, move was in the bag.

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Sounded like a productive day in London :)

Aye, those 357s didn't tend to hang around for long at Liverpool Street and the 321s can be a bit of a pain.

Last edited:

Established Member
Some great reads there Mr 13, although I can imagine the frustrations missing your 357 and 321 connections.Certainly seemed a very productive day indeed. I bet you cant wait for retirement, the idea of waking up and not having to go to work, sounds sheer bliss.

91110 is one of my highest mileage blunts. Couldnt tell you what it stands at but I've had it a lot. Cracking livery though.
As usual Mr 13 some quality pics to boot in that trip report and the one of 91110 is very nice indeed

Ah now Madness, I love them The Specials too, my older brother n I have completely different music tastes, now as kids growing up we shared the same room, bunk beds and all that and we had an Amstrad music centre in the corner of our room, problem was he'd be buying stuff like Now that's what I call music and Motown compilation LPs and I'd be buying SLF, Ramones or early U2 ones but we both loved Madness. If truth be told probably me, more than he but that was neutral ground music wise in our room. I certainly didn't want to be listening to Spandau Ballet, ABC or bloody Boy George or his crap, as I called it. I love Madness's One Step Beyond album, played it over n over but I too like Absolutely. Don't know if this is a good thing or not but everytime my Mam hears Madness, being played in bars or when they come on the Radio, my mam says, she always thinks of me, hope it's more House of fun, than, Nice man George:lol: I still kid my older brother on saying, I wonder if she thinks of you when she hears Karma Chameleon or Thriller by Michael Jackson. Thankfully I got my own room, when our elder brother got married and bought my own stereo, no longer did I have to suffer him taping the charts off the radio on a Sunday or watch him dashing to try and pause the tape as the DJ spoke, I no longer had to listen to his crap any longer either
Sorry I went off one. My apologies Mr 13. Looks like you, Cowley and I will have to see if we can still get in our old two tone suits and DMs

Last edited:

Keith Jarrett

Blimey, it's been ten weeks since I was last here!
I know how you felt - I was absent for a long time at one point.

Keith - you must have finished now, I hope you enjoy a long and happy retirement.
Almost finished - I have done my last day in "the factory". Just have some Knowledge Management issues to finish off in the comfort of my own home in the next few days, then that's it. Thank you to you (and others) for your best wishes. I'm certainly not going to be idle.

By the way - an excellent write up of your trials and tribulations in and around London. I know how you feel with two Liverpool Street to Stratford leaps not being enough for 10 miles.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
A very good haul for a Bank Holiday weekend in London there, fair play. I share your pain with 357s, I'm not normally too lucky with them myself and from the sounds of it your luck with them is similar to my level of luck hunting S7s. Occasionally I get a good haul but I can be waiting forever for a winner!

Certainly you've got the appetite suitably wetted for a mini London bash soon. I was going this month, but I got hooked on Manchester the other day (I haven't done the trip report yet!) and am going again on Wednesday. Bring it on I say!

Keith Jarrett

And I forgot to say, your escapades with the 357s was a timely reminder that I need to go over to that side of town and bag the remaining ones required for 10 miles.

Kite159

Veteran Member
And I forgot to say, your escapades with the 357s was a timely reminder that I need to go over to that side of town and bag the remaining ones required for 10 miles.

Hopefully they don't pop up on those peak time services which are fast within the zones [i.e. Limehouse or West Ham only, next stop Pitsea or something]

The_Train

Established Member
A good outing to the capital that was Mr 013 with plenty of variation and some decent results.

Hoping for my first 321 haulage tomorrow in the Anglia region and looking forward to it based on what I've been told about them

noddy1878

Established Member
Great report! Glad I don't need anything in c2c land! I found it quite boring, even when I ventured further into it! Love the shot of the FL 90 at the blocks at The Cross!

Established Member
Thanks chaps.
Anyway, I'm feeling rather jubilant this morning and I thought I'd post this out of sequence.
There are other write-ups to come later but for now, there's this.

I thought I would do this report slightly differently.
Instead of going through the moves I will cover each loco individually, in the order my goal was achieved.

At the end of March I needed five class 91s to clear the class for a thousand miles each.
There have been times when I really thought I wouldn’t manage it; too many non-railway commitments, coupled with the fact that I regularly go further afield and do moves not involving the East coast meant that things were looking uncertain once the Azuma’s were introduced.
The five low mileage ones were 91112/119/120/126 & 131.
So, in the order that I achieved my aim, here they are.

This loco had sat on 985 miles for several months.
I had no gen and just happened to be at Leeds when I spotted it in platform 6.
It was the 25th of May and a Doncaster run saw it join the club.
A sign of the times was that my return was on my first LNER 800 – 800113.

Celebrity 91119 had been the closest of the five to the magic mark, sitting as it did on 995 miles at the start of April.
45135 and I did another “North East Round Robin” on the 1st of June.
This time we had seen a list of what was working and knew we could head it off at Darlington.
A 185 was taken from Leeds and 119 was intercepted without issue.
Darlington to York saw me clear it, but Carl still needed a few more miles to achieve the same, so we made sure we met it at Darlington on its return North, this time taking it to Newcastle.

91119_2019.06.01_2_Newcastle by Phil Wood, on Flickr

As an aside, at Newcastle we saw 185127.
Nothing unusual about that, apart from the fact that 51127 was my last 185 coach required for a ride in.
After 91119 we did 91128 to York then hung around before getting my one hundred and fifty third 185 vehicle back to Leeds :)

I was now left with three requirements.
Since I took the decision to attempt the mileage chase the bottom spot in the list had only been occupied by two locos – 91120 and 91131.
Only a few months ago my thinking was that 19 and 26 would be got, 12 might reach the target but 20 and 31 were impossible.
I was wrong.

I first took close notice of my 91 mileage in 2014, slowly building up to chasing them over the next couple of years.
At that time 91120 had been on just a couple of hundred miles.
Over the ensuing years it continued to prove elusive with me picking up the odd run here and there.
A couple of good runs in March saw it reach the dizzy heights of the mid-700s.
I was on a North East, gen free, on the 27th of May when I was pleased to observe it pulling into platform 4 at Doncaster.
Naturally it was done for the full 112 miles to Newcastle.
As it was next stop Edinburgh that was the maximum I could get that day.

Four days later (it was a four day in eight rover) I did see some gen.
20 was heading South, which meant a trip as far North as I could get, which was Durham.
HST power cars 43307 and 43318 took me there.
A run to Doncaster meant that 120 was now just thirty-five miles short.

The 8th of June was a Saturday.
This was lucky as it meant my latest 4-in-8 rover didn’t have time restrictions.
I had a quick look on-line when I got up and saw that 120 was working to York.
A quick departure from the house saw me reaching Shipley at 06.30 in time for 91114 on the Forster Square to London service.
This was done to Leeds before I transferred to the morning Aberdeen HST, formed of 43311 and 43300.
I was over the moon to get the visual proof that 120 had done what the quote suggested and was stood in the bay at York.

A Doncaster move would leave me just short, but my rover was valid to Retford and the York’s stop there, so that’s where I went.

91120_2019.06.08_1_Retford by Phil Wood, on Flickr

Of all the class, clearing this one gave me the most satisfaction.
Although I obviously still had two to go.

The 8th was a very good day.
After doing something else that I will come to shortly I had spotted my last LNER HST power car sat facing South in the bay at York, therefore 43272 was roped in for a run from Doncaster to Retford before a second trip of the day on 120.

When April began 131 was the bottom of the heap.
It stood at around the 670-mile mark.
Surely I wouldn’t manage that.
I hadn’t even had it for the year at that point.

My first run on it of 2019 was on the 24th of May.
I wasn’t on anything more than my M-Card so only had it for the ten miles from Leeds to Wakefield – I didn’t really see the point in forking out for a Donny trip when it was so far short of the target but would have felt bad had I just let it go without getting something from it.

A week later and I now had a NE rover.
131 was on Leeds turns and I had a round trip from Doncaster before catching the HST to Durham and my appointment with 120.

The following day, the 1st of June, was the day myself and 45135 cleared 119.
We also managed a run on 91131, from York to Newcastle.

I began another 4-in-8 rover on the 7th.
As with 120 the week before, 131 was on York turns.
I managed to get to Retford for it and had a round trip; just shy of a hundred miles meant that, for the first time since I started this venture, a 91 other than 20 or 31 was my lowest mileage one.
That was now 91112.
I wasn’t finished with 131, though.
It was now about eighty-five miles short.

I said earlier that the 8th of June was a good day.
It was somehow appropriate that, having split the bottom spot between them for most of the time, I should clear 91120 and 91131 on the same day.
After my run on 120 to Retford I now had to get to Durham.
91109, on a York terminator, then 91121, took me there.
It wasn’t without its stress though.
I was supposed to have a plus seventeen but 91121 lost time hand over fist and I reached Durham with three minutes to spare.
Three minutes to get from one platform to the other at Durham is not a comfortable position to be in!
I made a rapid walk over and the DVT was just entering the platform as I walked on.
Durham to York would have left me just short, so it had to be Doncaster.
It was at York that I spotted 43272 waiting to follow.

91131_2019.06.08_Doncaster by Phil Wood, on Flickr

Then there was one.

For some time I’ve identified 112 as the runt of the litter.
It seems to be a really poor performer and is frequently out of action.
I needed it for ninety miles.
As we entered June it was one of the few I hadn’t sampled for the year.
A couple of years ago it was in mid-table, now it was at the bottom.

Friday the 14th was the last day of my latest rover.
I really didn’t want to keep buying rovers in the hope of it producing, so fingers crossed it would drop today.
I was in luck.
Not only was it working but I could also combine the move with a spin on what is predicted to be the last 90 from Leeds.
It also meant I scooped a new station in :)

142078 started me off by taking me from Low Moor to Leeds.
Here 90019 was waiting to take the penultimate 90 propelled service, the 10.15.

This was done to Doncaster and after a couple of photos I had a short wait until 112 on the 11.08 departure to Edinburgh.

Newcastle would have seen it cleared but I figured now was as good a time as any to take advantage of the fact that this service calls at Alnmouth.

147 miles after boarding I bailed out and quietly celebrated a feat that I will almost certainly only achieve with one class.

Unfortunately, Alnmouth is not a good spot to photograph the loco you've just got off:
91112_2019.06.14_Alnmouth by Phil Wood, on Flickr

I had an hour at Alnmouth during which I got a few photos, triumphantly texted 45135 and pondered my next move.
I knew I had to take a Voyager (or wait a further hour) to at least Newcastle.
However, I also knew that 90019’s supposed last ever working out of Leeds was booked to be the 16.15.
The Voyager I was waiting for was due into Leeds at 16.07.
140 miles on a Voyager?
I knew I’d regret it if I didn’t at least try to make the last one, so 220019 & 220021 were done for much further than I would have liked (had it been a single set I probably wouldn’t have bothered).

At Leeds it was straight off, over the bridge and back into the same coach I’d done in the morning.
A run to Doncaster, more photos and that was that.

The last one?
90019_2019.06.14_2_Doncaster by Phil Wood, on Flickr

I was now going to get the next thing home.

My blood ran cold when I was stood on platform 4.
There was an Azuma in platform 1, another in platform 3 and my train pulling in was a further example, 800103.
Three 800s and not a 91 in sight.
I don’t think I cleared them a moment too soon.

Last edited:

The_Train

Established Member
Wow, a full fleet for 1000 miles each is an almighty achievement. Congrats on that and thanks for sharing those final outings to take you over the line, really enjoyed reading it especially in the way you set it out

Kite159

Veteran Member
Congrats on clearing the 91s for a thousand miles, I had my mini farewell yesterday with 91119 from Doncaster to Edinburgh (as for the last time definitely into Scotland and most likely last time north of York).

Looking at my list of 91 mileage, only one is above 1000 miles.

The introduction of the 800s on the East Coast are not hanging around

Last edited:

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Nice work on the 91s. Most impressive.

I've never particularly chased these, and still require 101/114/115/129/130 for ANY haulage.

Top one for me is 286 miles from 121. Runner up 128's 262 miles were all on the same day...

The only thing I have recorded more than 1000 miles from is 40145, although 155344 (on 700+, and not always recorded on commutes) may be a contender, while TPE's insistence on providing 350407 every time I venture to Scotland makes it, in Tour de France speak, a future General Classification contender! :)

87electric

Welcome to the 1000 club. You sure did make that an exciting finish and not a moment too soon.
Well done.

Keith Jarrett

Mr 13

Well done in getting them all over the 1k mark - Hearty congratulations! Lady Luck was definitely with you in the last few weeks. And well done also to Mrs 13 for letting you out to play so often.

I only have one 91 breach the 1k mark and that's 91105. However another four are "bubbling under". But with no plans to head to the ECML in the near future, I think that 91105 will remain the only one with it's head in the clouds. But if we were talking 50s, I only had one that never made it to 3k!

Established Member
Tremendous effort Mr 13, getting all the blunts over 1k is a truly phenomenal effort.
Looking at the ones you were chasing, they're among the ones I'm chasing too, albeit to clear them the 2nd time round. I recently got 91120 myself, however none of them are remotely close to being over 1k.

Mr KJ, only 1 50 under 3k, wow!!

ash39

Established Member
Great read, I wish I'd had the vision to record all my 91 moves when I was growing up. I'm way too far off to clear them all.

120 is due to be one of the first three to be withdrawn in July, if the withdrawal schedule doing the rounds is stuck to, so you cut it very fine!

AJM580

Congratulations on a massive feat. Although I've cleared the 91s for haulage (doing so with 91127) I don't think I'll ever get them all over 1000 miles.

alexf380

Established Member
Hearty congratulations on such a massive feat! As you say, not a moment too soon.
Personally, I still need 15 or 16 of them for haulage so it's looking done what unlikely that I'll clear them but oh how I can try!

Established Member
Great read, I wish I'd had the vision to record all my 91 moves when I was growing up. I'm way too far off to clear them all.

120 is due to be one of the first three to be withdrawn in July, if the withdrawal schedule doing the rounds is stuck to, so you cut it very fine!
Oh I'm glad I got 120 then. 91126, Is that still running?, I've never even seen it for ages. Knowing my luck, it'll be the Bounds Green parts donor.

Status
Not open for further replies.