• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

55019 running dates on NNR - 9th, 16th & 30th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveA

55019 'ROYAL HIGHLAND FUSILIER' will be operating the diesel diagram at the North Norfolk Railway on June 9th, 16th & 30th. The loco should cover the following 60 mile diagram:

Departures ex Sheringham - 09.45, 11.15, 12.45, 14.15, 15.45 and 17.00.
Departures ex Holt - 10.30, 12.00, 13.30, 15.00, 16.20 and 17.30.

Steve Allen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Sorry for the bump however due to the lack of rostered guard, tomorrows service with 55019 may be cancelled, altered or replaced with a DMU at short notice. NNR is trying their best to resolve the situation.

TP

napierdeltic

This is completely wrong and 55019 is running as planned tomorrow.

Cheers
Stuart
55019 travelling fitter

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
No further NNR deltic running days, in the end we managed to sort out two volunteers who between them sorted out the guarding. I was happily behind all day and with exception of the 1115 round trip where the Deltic was failed, the crew managed to resolve the problem intime for the 1245 Sheringham departure. napierdeltic, I believe I may have spoken to you at one point during the day at Sheringham, asking you to pass a message to the driver for a Kelling Heath stop on the UP ;) Anyone who attending and travelled on anything bar the 1700 from Sheringham, you would have encountered me checking your tickets at some point.

All going well, the crossing will be in use this Thursday as 55019 makes its way back onto Network Rail territory.

TP

napierdeltic

Hi TP Yes it would have been me you spoke to in the high vis overalls. Thanks for sorting out the guard duties. I quickly subscribe to the forum and put up the posting of 19 running while at work

19 throw a wobbly as me and RHF didn’t want to go home after Saturday. The three drivers and I have been really looked after by everyone at the NNR over our stay. We are very grateful of being invited to your line and the friendliness of everyone. The last time Id been to Sheringham was when Vulcan XH558 did a show over the sea while still in RAF ownership so some time ago. You got a beautiful line there and some impressive stock and gradients. The Kings Cross Sub stocks of course making me drool.

You will need to keep an eye on our departure day on the DPS web site from Sheringham. I don’t know if the plan is to use the same move to Barrow Hill as the booked departure again from BH of Deltics D9009 and 55002 to the ELR on Wednesday. We are testing both locos for mainlining before the 3 day diesel gala on Thursday. A busy week for us again of which Im also part of the koyli team.

Cheers
Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.