• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

56009 - still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarby

I was very surprised to see in Railways Illustrated that 56009 still exists and is owned by UK Rail Leasing.

This loco, which I believe is more or less an empty shell, was at Brush Traction for many years as a "test bed".

I thought it has been scrapped at Booths but apparently it was reprieved and is stored on the Battlefield Line.

Could it be then that UKRL are considering re-engining it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
I was very surprised to see in Railways Illustrated that 56009 still exists and is owned by UK Rail Leasing.

This loco, which I believe is more or less an empty shell, was at Brush Traction for many years as a "test bed".

I thought it has been scrapped at Booths but apparently it was reprieved and is stored on the Battlefield Line.

Could it be then that UKRL are considering re-engining it?

I *think* I heard that this one would be the one they used if they tried a complete re-engine/refit (similar to the 47>57/73/1>73/9/Super 60 projects) as there's nothing left to have to remove at the start. I could be mistaken though.

Status
Not open for further replies.