• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

56312 @ mkc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
56312 has just gone light at 0837 north bound on the slow line, through MKC - making a sound i thought i wouldnt hear again!

A LONG, LONG, time since i saw a 56 running on the mainline

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

callum112233

Slightly off topic but what happened to the Fertis 56 at Warrington? Did it get sold or was it just scrapped?

Boothby97

Established Member
Slightly off topic but what happened to the Fertis 56 at Warrington? Did it get sold or was it just scrapped?

It is owned by spot hire owner Ed Stevenson, currently at Burton-upon-Trent so should be back on the mainline soon. In fact, Railways Illustrated have a competition in the current magazine to design a livery for his 56s (I took part myself).
Thanks, Sam

callum112233

Thats good to know then. I was thinking maybe it got scrapped since it had been sitting at Warrington for ages.

Boothby97

Established Member
Thats good to know then. I was thinking maybe it got scrapped since it had been sitting at Warrington for ages.

Nearly got exported but Europheonix did not think Hungarian freight comapny FLOYD would want a Romainian locomotives so 56101 is going in it's place.
Hopefully you'll see it on the mainline one day...
Thanks, Sam

Established Member
Nearly got exported but Europheonix did not think Hungarian freight comapny FLOYD would want a Romainian locomotives so 56101 is going in it's place.
Hopefully you'll see it on the mainline one day...
Thanks, Sam
I don't think that is anywhere near correct - the Floyd diesel fleet until now has been entirely ex-CFR, ie Romanian built and owned as are a number of electrics they use...

Pumbaa

Established Member
I don't think that is anywhere near correct - the Floyd diesel fleet until now has been entirely ex-CFR, ie Romanian built and owned as are a number of electrics they use...

+1. Load of old 'orse manure is what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.