• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

57 hauling LM 350s this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinterguy

Established Member
This morning on my way into London I saw something I never envisaged I would witness: A Dellner fitted 57 hauling a pair of London Midlands’ 350s. The loco in question was 57315, and the formation was sitting just south of Bushey on the slow lines, facing towards Euston at 08:45.

Would any systems like TRUST show up a short notice, emergency working such as this? I hope that it would, as I would greatly appreciate it if somebody in the know would be able to tell me what the deal with this working was, and what exactly was going on to cause such an unprecedented move.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
Can't see anything, only VSTP working was 0Z14 Watford to Wembley TC which left Watford at 0945. Probably rescuing the stranded 2K79 from last nights OLE problems.

tcm1106

Can't see anything, only VSTP working was 0Z14 Watford to Wembley TC which left Watford at 0945. Probably rescuing the stranded 2K79 from last nights OLE problems.

Indeed. 2K79 and the thunderbird had issues coupling last night and as a result, the possession to repair the OHLE was taken around them.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Indeed. 2K79 and the thunderbird had issues coupling last night and as a result, the possession to repair the OHLE was taken around them.

I'm assuming the 57 was using an emergency adapter rather than it's Dellner coupler as it's at the wrong height for 350s AFAIK.
Adam :P

455driver

Veteran Member
Havent the NR 57s had their dellners lowered to make them compatible with EMUs?

I know they were on about it but dont know if its been done/ going to be done.

SprinterMan

Established Member

Currently unknown as to whether this was done or not, but that is irrelevant anyway as 57315 is a Virgin Trains machine, one of the ones in full ATW colours.

Adam :D

fgwrich

Established Member

4 are to have modified Dellners - 1 already done, and 2 are receiving Tightlock couplers (57303 & 305). 303 Has already had sucessfull coupling tests with a 317/7 at Eastleigh this week and is due to move up to Wombledon next week for further tests with SWTs 455s.

57310 is the first of the modified 57/3s, which now has through Multi Working also incorporated with it's Dellnor. This has also sucessfully completed coupling tests with a Southern 377 at Sellhurst.

http://carlswatson.com/Trains/Galle...stleighWorks/eastleighworks14thjune20125.html

tcm1106

Currently unknown as to whether this was done or not, but that is irrelevant anyway as 57315 is a Virgin Trains machine, one of the ones in full ATW colours.

Adam :D

Last night involved the emergency adaptor. This is partially the reason for the issues with coupling.

Status
Not open for further replies.