• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

59 001

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonrakerz

Saw this at Westbury this morning. Looked very smart in new paint job - even the bell had been cleaned !

289zzbq.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skimble19

Established Member
Are you sure that's a new livery? I could be wrong but I swear I've seen it before.. (as in ages ago).. :s

Unless of course I'm being a plank and that's just been painted into the livery :oops:

moonrakerz

Are you sure that's a new livery? I could be wrong but I swear I've seen it before.. (as in ages ago).. :s

Ah - I didn't say it was a new livery, I said it was a new paint job ;);)

It just looked really clean, if you compare its running gear/fuel tank/battery box with the loco it is connected to, you'll see what I mean.

somersetlever

59001, 59002, 59103 and 59206 all had a pampering session before going to the West Somerset Railway last weekend. Loads of new shiny black paint!!

NSE

Established Member
I'm not much of a loco man, but looking at that (I guess) 66 in the background in comparison, how comes in that livery 59001 its exempt from a fully yellow front?
I saw a 59 yesterday at Purley ad the lack of yellow front always looks odd.

Hydro

Established Member
I'm not much of a loco man, but looking at that (I guess) 66 in the background in comparison, how comes in that livery 59001 its exempt from a fully yellow front?
I saw a 59 yesterday at Purley ad the lack of yellow front always looks odd.

It's not, it does have a yellow warning panel. Group Standards dictate a minimum coverage of yellow for the panel in metres squared. No train needs to have a full yellow front end as long as the yellow displayed meets the minimum coverage.

Hydro

Established Member
Group standards currently say yes, it is still necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.