5Z70/1Z70 Glasgow - Carstairs - Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by Crossover, 8 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crossover

Crossover Established Member

Does anyone know why this was running tonight? VSTP path, empties from Glasgow to Carstairs and then in service to Edinburgh, calling at Haymarket. Was an 11 car Pendolino

Also, bizarrely, it was timed as having a top speed of 280mph! Is there something is the making here that we don't know about?!

Finally, would my suspicion that the 1800 Glasgow to Birmingham being cancelled until Preston was related to the unit being nicked for the VSTP path? I'm on the 1740 to Euston which was held until 1800 to allow Birmingham passengers to join and change at Preston - I was semi expecting chaos but down in Coach U, it's not too bad at all

Attached Files:

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Crossover

Crossover Established Member

And the other attachment - on an iPad so can't rename to put them in one post

Attached Files:

4. PHILIPE

PHILIPE Veteran Member

I posted on another thread yesterday re a VSTP Empty HST in Cornwall being timed at 280 mph.

5. The Planner

The Planner Established Member

They are often put directly into TRUST etc by control, so can be ropey schedules occasionally.

6. causton

causton Established Member

I think RTT has a problem detecting times from VSTP schedules at the moment...

Edit: Problem is from the data being fed into RTT, I hear! :P

Last edited: 8 Aug 2015
  7. dk1

dk1 Established Member

I noticed on Twitter earlier that a Eus-Glc was conveying passengers from a pined Eus-Edb from Preston & that an additional 18:00 to Edinburgh would be awaiting them at Carstairs. No doubt all down to the ongoing driver overtime issues VT are still suffering from.

8. Tom

Tom Member

Garbage in, garbage out. ;)

Appeared after a couple of TOPS updates either last weekend or the week before... imagine it'll resolve itself in due course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.