• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

6-car on the Walsall line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolf

Currently stood at Hamstead waiting to go towards Walsall and the customer info display on the Birmingham bound platform is reporting the 2051 as being formed of 6 coaches. Never seen that before and don't think the stations, except Aston and Duddeston can accommodate 6.

Anybody have any info on this or is it just an inputting error?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Never known a Chase Line service to be 6 cars. Out of interest, would this have been booked for a 2 323s or 2 170s?

Crossover

Established Member
The 2051 was a Walsall to Birmingham local service, leaving Walsall from platform 3, so probably a 323 set.

thewolf

Its been a 323 when I've caught it in the past, presumably the return of the 1947 from New Street which I was on as far as Tame Bridge and was a single 323.

I know that a service was cancelled due to a train fault earlier in the evening, only thing I could think is maybe that unit was at Walsall and they tagged it onto the back of that service for get it back to Soho.

Status
Not open for further replies.