• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

60+ Oyster Card query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3z369

Hello everyone,

I've applied for a 60+ Oyster photocard which should arrive soon but I was told today that you can't use it on all National Rail services.

For work I go from Catford Bridge to Cannon Street using Southeastern but I won't be able to do this using my new card before 9.30am will I?

The new plan is to get a bus to Lewisham station, DLR to bank and walk 5 minutes. There is a 284 bus stop a couple of minutes from my house which goes to Lewisham station. Will this be ok?

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/60-plus-photocard-new.pdf
From looking at this map am I correct in assuming that the return journey in the afternoon from Cannon Street to Catford Bridge using Southeastern will be free as it says:

National Rail routes on which any 60+ London Oyster Photocard holder may travel free from 9.30am Monday to Friday and at any time weekends and public holidays.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, that's all correct.

Simply avoid the red routes before 0930. After 0930 you can use the red routes.

(For completeness, and applicable to your particular journey, but when using a pink route it means that you can take some trains but not others, as described in the key)

coupwotcoup

Since TFL took over the running of our line (Liverpool Street) I can use my old gits freedom pass at any time - and on C2C as well...which is nice.

island

Veteran Member
That's valid, albeit time-consuming due to the horrendous construction works on the roads in the Lewisham area at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.