• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

646G 0537 Dollands Moor Sdgs to Ripple Lane Exch Sdgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlippyFF

This train has just (08:49) gone past Ashford on HS1, with 92019 leading if anyone fancies a rare-ish daytime picture of freight on HS1.

Simon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D1009

Established Member
This train has just (08:49) gone past Ashford on HS1, with 92019 leading if anyone fancies a rare-ish daytime picture of freight on HS1.

Simon
That serves as a reminder of just how under utilised HS1 is during the morning peak, from what I can see from RTT it came out of Dollands Moor following Eurostar 9113 from Bruxelles and ran right through to Dagenham Jn without being looped or delaying anything else.

A Challenge

Established Member
That serves as a reminder of just how under utilised HS1 is during the morning peak, from what I can see from RTT it came out of Dollands Moor following Eurostar 9113 from Bruxelles and ran right through to Dagenham Jn without being looped or delaying anything else.
I would have thought that HS1 could be used for commuter services, and of course by making people buy season tickets '+ HS1' they coud make quite a bit more money, and it would be probably be very popular with commuters from East Kent into London.

Kentish Paul

I would have thought that HS1 could be used for commuter services, and of course by making people buy season tickets '+ HS1' they coud make quite a bit more money, and it would be probably be very popular with commuters from East Kent into London.

It is used for commuter services and the season tickets already exist. They are marked 'plus high speed'.

atillathehunn

Established Member
May I change tack slightly and ask how many services there are on HS1? And then also through the tunnel?

There was talk of a GBRf service on HS1, but it seemed to come to nothing.

Anyone have figures?

Freightmaster

Established Member
May I change tack slightly and ask how many services there are on HS1? And then also through the tunnel?

There was talk of a GBRf service on HS1, but it seemed to come to nothing.
Just the daily Ford/Transfesa trains at present.

The GB train (and a DB working to/from Poland) used to run,
but both were abandoned due to the ongoing security issues
in the Fréthun area.

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.