• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

66/7 Bad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
I think it looks quite good!

Shame they didn't do dynamic lines!

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Awful! Might look a bit better without the shoddy GBRf bit painted on the sides. Better still, just gimme the old GBRf livery.

Coxster

Established Member
Much preffered the orange and blue! The orange on the front now really does not suit the livery.

LucaZone

do these people have no brand control!

How many different font sizes?? Different font and logo colours! Colour co-ordination with the rest of First owned fleets, and the strip around the front definately looks like an after thought. Pretty much nothing has changed on the front apart from it.

I do like the use of background colours though, blue and the orange/yellow front. They just about get away with the cab side swoosh, but ouch the rest is very poor.

Look on the bright side though, the way First Group throw money away on different livery's we'll be looking at a new style 66 next year!

Sprog

Established Member
DEAR LORD :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not as bad as i thought, i was predicting NEON wavyness all along the corrogated bodysides! 8) <D

Abit plain though.....and i dont like the two stripes across the fronts! Camp-tastic! They could have made the 'swish' more pointy at the cab end and terminated it on the cabside by the headlights.

eezypeazy

I like it...

... but what do I know? I've only worked in marketing for 30 years....

eezypeazy

Andrew

I've never liked the GBRf livery with yellow ends - the yellow/orange combination is it's downfall (Freightliners green/yellow match better with yellow ends IMO).

However, I'd agree that this bunch look much worse. The pink/white front wrap looks particularly odd and adds even more colours to the already crowded front end. I don't mind the sides though.

westcoaster

Established Member
What a shame looks like GBRF has lost its mind , much prefer the orange and blue, keep the first colours out! , wonder what a 73 would look like?, i know that GBRF are run by first group, but i like the independent way they run away from first group now they have to come along and spoil it, are they going to do the same with Hull trains? Just look what they have done to FGW.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Are they going to do the same with Hull trains?

I really hope not, but I doubt it. First Group have virtually no control in the management of Hull Trains, and they maintain a completely separate identity and image. And also, it would be difficult to carry out a repaint as the small size of the Pioneer fleet means that they are all in use at the same time Monday-Saturday I believe.

westcoaster

Established Member
i thought that GBRF were just like Hull trains and running as a independent, that livery looks much better on the 90's than the 66's.

1VWC

I really hope not, but I doubt it. First Group have virtually no control in the management of Hull Trains, and they maintain a completely separate identity and image. And also, it would be difficult to carry out a repaint as the small size of the Pioneer fleet means that they are all in use at the same time Monday-Saturday I believe.
I'm told it is part of the agreement for the GB Railways takeover that First branding could only be introduced after a certain amount of time and then full FirstGroup corporate identity could only be introduced after a longer period. Hence the delayed appearance of First branding on the GBRf 66 fleet after the takeover.

Turbostar

Bl**dy awful! Looks like they were designed by a 5 year old! I doesn't suit them one bit. The orange & blue livery suited them down to the ground, followed closely by the Metronet livery. This is awful!

Mart

Gizmogle

Established Member
Oooh...yeah, it doesn't suit them. I don't think it's a bad livery, just doesn't suit the sheds. I reckon the neon livery would look better...I like the colourful stuff :D

Jordy

Established Member
Hmm, would look better if the swoosh didnt so round the front

You never know, this is First remember, lets hope not though!

This may be of interest to you Max, its on the site where the 66 livery is (link on 1st page)

TheRailwayCentre.com said:
At the loco rollout event, John Smith announced that GBRf had won a second major coal contract, this time with EDF Energy which will commence on 1 July 2007 to transport 800,000 tonnes of imported coal per year from the Port of Hull to Cottam and West Burton power stations. For this new flow, 24 extra high-capacity HYA coal hoppers have been ordered from Romanian builder IRS. This is in addition to 48 similar wagons already on order from the same builder

GBRf has also been awarded a three year contract with Associated British Ports (ABP) to manage operations of trains on the Hull Dock Railway within the ABPs port estate.

To service the new contracts GBRf will soon be recruiting additional train crew and ground staff for Hull, Drax and Selby operations based at Doncaster

Jordy

Mintona

Established Member
I don't think it looks particularly good to be honest, the pink and white lines around the front look ghastly!
Still, there should be one coming down on a stock move this Friday, Derby-Laira with new FGW trailers. I am so mad that I'm at college! I can't quite get to BTM before they leave and I aint going up afterwards on the off chance they might be late!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks for that Jordy, that is interesting. Presumably 66s will be used entirely for this service?

kettlefan

I'm not that into 66s as a whole, so I have no opinion over it, the thing that spoils it for me is the plain font the logo and number are in. It's like they ran out of money when they got to that bit and just did it as cheaply as possible!

Craig

Established Member
Personally think they would look better with full yellow ends.
Yeah, the orange looks a bit weird.

The number and GBRF on the side doesn't look right either, looks like they were added as an afterthought.

1VWC

The number and GBRF on the side doesn't look right either, looks like they were added as an afterthought.

I have to agree, it's not up to FirstGroup's usual high standards - they love a unified corporate image!. There was, however, talk of specific branding for the new coal contract so this may turn out to be temporary until the contract starts...

Status
Not open for further replies.