• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

66604 Engine Blown

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
A DRS driver I know has just rescued 66604 at Slaithwaite after it blew its engine while working 6M22 Hunslet - Tunstead Cement he had 66426 to rescue it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
I offered seeing as tho I'm the only newcastle based tail lamp that signs calder valley, but by the time my working got to the area the errant train had been cleared out of the way, so by way of diggle (albeit 6 vice 3) i went!

Last edited:

fermit

A DRS driver I know has just rescued 66604 at Slaithwaite after it blew its engine while working 6M22 Hunslet - Tunstead Cement he had 66426 to rescue it
So that's what happened - we have some little visitors at the moment, so we "timed" our visit to Slaithwaite but it never showed - 20 mins of wairing for it to change berth was enough for the little ones to get bored.

Rescue came bang road from Marsden - and we got to watch the rescue pass the house from the attic window so all was not lost (for us at least!)

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Is Calder Valley on your route card from a previous post/due to relocation?

I signed it as a York man. I chose to and kept it live when I transferred to Newcastle and it has proved it's worth on a few occasions. Newcastle crews don't actually sign calder valley Im just the odd one out!

randyrippley

Established Member
Even if that is the case, no need to worry. Spares are plenty and DB are looking at getting rid of some 66's. If it's blown engine, it would just be cheaper to get one of DB's.

If an engine blows, can a replacement to the same outdated environmental standard be imported? Or must the replacement be to the latest standard?

superkev

Established Member
The des rescue loco was shown on real time trains has having to travel all the way from Crewe to Slaithwaite. There was a procession of TPE 185's down the Calder Valley this afternoon.
K

Status
Not open for further replies.