• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

66718-66722 info

Status
Not open for further replies.

southy39

This is a quote from an email I have received from one of the UKs leading rail journalists, Colin J Marsden.

These locos are owned by HSBC Rail and are purchased through GBRf for Metronet. Metronet have in fact paid for these locos, If Metronet had a UK mainline operating license they would have been purchased by them direct. The deal through GBRf gives Metronet the operating powers required. Nobody from GBRf was actually present at the off-loading, it was all overseen by Metronet who are the key players for this and the next four 66/7s to be delivered in the late summer.

In terms of use, I think you will see one of two used by GBRf for normal traffic, but Metronet will have to give a green light to non-dedicated operations.
I suppose that how this actually works out or how genuine it turns out to be in reality remains to be seen.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I bet we'll see 'normal' GBRF 66s on some Metronet services ;)

andel

Coxster said:
I bet we'll see 'normal' GBRF 66s on some Metronet services ;)

I dunno... Metronet are quite keen to maintain their prescence at the front of most things...

Status
Not open for further replies.