• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

66735 named Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaymale

Although by now - 24 hours later - it is old news, I was on the Nene Valley Railway yesterday (Easter Monday) on a train being hauled by 34081, 92 Squadron. As we arrived at Orton Mere station 66735 was in the opposite platform with a partially covered nameplate visible.

upload_2019-4-23_12-27-46.png

By the time our train had been to Peterborough and back to Orton Mere the naming ceremony had been completed and 66735 had already left Nene Valley metals.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crun

It was named 'Peterborough United' in memory of Nick Sinclair a Peterborough United fan who died about two years ago. It was unveiled by his widow and one of his grandsons. He was an ex-employee of GBRF. I'll try and upload some photo's from my 'phone when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.