• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

67 on Fort William Beds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I see they've lied on the forms, pretending Class 67s are more reliable than Class 37s.

What about those speed restrictions then?!

Established Member
Fort bill access agreement between Network rail and First scotrail has been amended, agreed and signed. 67s to start on the overnight from june 10th

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh great, now I've got only a short amount of time left to do Fort William once more behind a 37! Grr. Done it once, didn't really get many photos, hence a need to do it again!

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
oh well, done my 37 bashing will make up on the york - cornwall 37, (cant wait for that one!!)

Still 67, no news from me except maybe a 'brilliant' i woke up at aviemore on the Inverness 67 miffed that i didnt do H-O from edinburgh, H-O behind to 67 was rather fun!

Jim

Established Member
heart-of-wessex said:
oh well, done my 37 bashing will make up on the york - cornwall 37, (cant wait for that one!!)
When it finally runs;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
My sentiments exactly! Pity it's not EWS 37s now though, although the sight of DRS 37s in Penzance would be interesting!

If this tour runs, I'll be out to phot it no doubt.

WSXFan said:
My sentiments exactly! Pity it's not EWS 37s now though, although the sight of DRS 37s in Penzance would be interesting!

If this tour runs, I'll be out to phot it no doubt.

i recken it will get canned for the last time in july:pain10: why dont pathfinder2006! just give up admit defeat and give us all our money back and not some credit note,but if it does run it might be the last tour i ever do they no longer hold much intrest for me.
I also doubt if i will do the last weeks of 37s on the beds mind you last time i did i got a ride up front in 37411 and have video footage to prove it - and no i wont say when it was

ikar said:
67009 today on 1Y11.

That is false, a 37 was on the sleeper today, a 67 was up the whl and with coaches after the sleeper but this was for a timing run to see if the timetables need to be changed for the introduction of the 67's in june.

Jordy said:
Good, another reason for them not to use them ;)

Jordy

I heard that the acceleration was poor, you may find that they still use them but possibly adjust the timings of the train possibly to leave before the inverness and change the train formation at euston etc, there are several ways around these problems, however i am on this train often and the GLQ and Fort drivers dont accelerate the 37 away slow you are away v fast. So i think it isnt a case of if it's a case of when??

MacRat

Being one who has used, photted & filmed Tractors on the Beds it really will be a bloody great shame that they are to be no more after 10/6. I know & fully realise the reasons behind EWS wishing to utilise Skips on the service, but as part of the overall "heritage" movement that this country has this was one of the last great bastions of "proper" traction.

Bloody shame.

Mind you, can't wait for a 37 to drop on 1Y11 - it's bound to happen one day and it'll soon be massive rather than an everyday occurrence.

richa2002

Established Member
After 10th June, the sleeper is due to arrive at Fort William at 09:52 opposed to 09:43 at the moment.

Sprog

Established Member
Skips are cummin to the highlands, wether we like it or not.

We can only hope the tractors are put on other work, or found good homes.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.