• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

67 stock lurking at Northumberland Park depo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 375 King

I went past Northumberland Park depo and I saw a 67stock train in one of the sheds, what is it still doing there? Will it be preserved? or will it go to Isle of Wight?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
I went past Northumberland Park depo and I saw a 67stock train in one of the sheds, what is it still doing there? Will it be preserved? or will it go to Isle of Wight?
It was being used to move the new '09 Stock around the depot upon delivery.
Now that Train20 has just returned from Derby the '67 is now redundant and will be moving to Acton Works soon.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor

It will certainly not be going to the Isle of Wight! One Driving Motor has already been preserved by the LTM, I believe the unit 'driven' by the Queen when she opened the line.

Established Member
I believe, if the whole 8-car set is still there (Units 60+61), 4 cars are to go into storage at Eastleigh or Acton Works, and the other 4 cars are to be used by the Emergency Response Unit for training.

Status
Not open for further replies.