• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

68013 Failed @ Stourbridge Yard 12.3.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainspotter

68013 failed today in Stourbridge Yard during a loco swop with 68015, 015 arrived 40mins early and was parked up in the yard next to the driveway. 013 was started up and moved down to the points ready to go back to Wembley TMD with 008 in tow. By the time i got round to the gate entrance 013 was shut down, i asked the driver if he was ready to go back at it booked time of 14:52! "We aint going no where yet" He continued to tell me "when 013 gets upto 3mph the brakes kick in and stop" Each time he would move around 15 feet. Although he had a fitter with him they could not fix the problem

After hanging around for an hour or so he managed to get 013 back enought to clear the points as to get 015 back out to return to Wembley TMD! 013 is left in the middle of the second road out from the driveway awaiting rescue or repair! Unfortunately for me 008 is still attached to its stock!

This would have made a good photo with 013 & 008 close up!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zn1

the 68s are still bedding in, all rail vehicles like any vehicle have their foilables, each one is different, and they love to wind their drivers and mechanics up,
it is common fact that british steel kicks the living daylights out of vehicles and they need time to get used british steelwork and its ways of bashing the devil out of their innards(why that VEP went to wildenrath to smash the test track up !!)...the 68s will get used to british way of working, i gather things are alot smoother on yerps steel

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
each one is different, and they love to wind their drivers and mechanics up,

How often does it happen that for a driver or fitter everything looks fine mechanically and electrically but the TMS says "No chance mate, you're not going anywhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.