• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

73's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
Just when you think it's getting quiet...

The 24 SWT 442's are off to Ilford EMUD in the New Year for C6 exams. This includes an exterior repaint and tidy up inside but not much else by all accounts. Traction is planned to be 2 x GBrf 73's with a mid morning departure from Bomo T+RSMD. Steps and shoes will be removed for the trip with 2401 being the first to go on Wednesday 4th Jan 2006 and the rest to follow. Been rumbling a long time this one - 1st remember hearing they were Ilford bound back in April....

A Happy Christmas to all.

'Roger Smith's' Gen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
I assume they will come up to Woking, then cross onto to NLL at Kew via Chertsey? Do you know the timings?

Jim

Established Member
joea1 said:
I assume they will come up to Woking, then cross onto to NLL at Kew via Chertsey? Do you know the timings?

I wouldn't be surprised if they go up as far as CLJ then take 1288 teriotry to Wilsden & then to Stratford etc...

This is mainly to do with electric stuff, as they won't have to put it on diesel till after Kenny O

fraid not. I will if I post them if I get them

Julian G

Established Member
Jim said:
joea1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they go up as far as CLJ then take 1288 teriotry to Wilsden & then to Stratford etc...

This is mainly to do with electric stuff, as they won't have to put it on diesel till after Kenny O

Except if the Wessex Electrics go from Clapham Yard or Wimbledon Train Care, then that's might be a possibility for the West London Line
but from Bournemouth, if something happens at Kew Junction or between Acton Central to Willesden Junction
They could go via the WLL, my territory <D

People ,watch out, 73s give excellent clag :D :shock:
Boy, I'm so lucky, Scrappers, 465 to Wabtec, 365 to Ashford and Eurostars! :D

jonb

Established Member
Boy, I'm so lucky, Scrappers, 465 to Wabtec, 365 to Ashford and Eurostars! :D

- Unfortunately there are only a handful of Scrap Trains that now pass Kenny O, the 465 transit move has ended as has the 365 move to Ashford. I've been informed that they will be hauled from Bournemouth to Ilford, no mention of Wimbledon.

RJ

Established Member
Jim said:
joea1 said:

I'm not sure if they will go through Stratford at all. Channelsea curve is quite sharp, and 442 coaches are rather long. If it goes via the NLL, I'd assume that they'd go via the unelectrified line (Gospel Oak-Barking) and cross onto the GEML at Forest Gate, like Chilterns 165s did.

Jim

Established Member
They WILL go from BMO, no question as this is the booked starting point. Have MK3's ever been round this 'curve'?

Julian G

Established Member
Jim said:
They WILL go from BMO, no question as this is the booked starting point. Have MK3's ever been round this 'curve'?
looks like it, ONE Derby-Norwich? via the Curve
Mk3s have been on that curve before , I reckon

jonb

Established Member
Joe might be right here but yes Mark 3's have been on this stretch of track before so I guess this would be the route

Established Member
well il be taking a trip to branksome on the 4th provding it goes at the gen says. its only 20 mins walk and it not in the middle of nowhere !!! hint hint jim.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Let us know the confirmed route and times as soon as you get them lads. Could do with scoring off 73204, my last GBRf 73 to see IIRC.

Established Member
I will sit there all day if i have to ill take a deck chair some food and wait all day.

66's are evil

Jim said:

The 24 SWT 442's are off to Ilford EMUD in the New Year for C6 exams. This includes an exterior repaint and tidy up inside but not much else by all accounts. Traction is planned to be 2 x GBrf 73's with a mid morning departure from Bomo T+RSMD. Steps and shoes will be removed for the trip with 2401 being the first to go on Wednesday 4th Jan 2006 and the rest to follow. Been rumbling a long time this one - 1st remember hearing they were Ilford bound back in April....

'Roger Smith's' Gen

47841 was the traction. Earlier on the NLL, i saw 66710+73205 hauling 3 CIG'S. Anyone know what this working was?

Julian G

Established Member
66's are evil said:
Jim said:

'Roger Smith's' Gen

47841 was the traction. Earlier on the NLL, i saw 66710+73205 hauling 3 CIG'S. Anyone know what this working was?
That was GBRF taking the 12VEPs to Shoeburyness from Stewarts Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.