• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_hippo

I have a question, which simply is this.

On the scale of awfulness, how awful is 8 hours on a british airways 747?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eezypeazy

Why not just tell us where you're going on your hols, Zoltan?

eezypeazy

PS: the eezypeazy's are off to Toronto, Niagara Falls, Boston, New England and Ottawa in August...

LucaZone

777 started the trend or was it A340's....but any long haul flight now seems to feature aircraft with decent inflight entertainment.

I think the leader is Quantas or CathayPacific for things to do during the flight :)

So long as you dont sit in your battery hen seat the entire time you should find ways to pass the time quickly.

evil_hippo

Oh, so it's not awful! excellent.

So you all know, I am going to Maryland for 3 weeks, from 16 December to 6 January, time I shall be spending with
14lk0w8.png

devon_metro

Established Member
On Virgin Atlantic it's horrible

first technical problem bit worrying 5 hour delay then it's all very old inside and the air-con is nackered don't know about BA though

Sit in the cockpit, you'll soon find things to pass the time lol.

I fly the 747 and A340-600s on the simluator for 12 hour flight over to SanFran. It wasnt too boring because my flightplan was over the northpole areas so there was something else to look at rather than wet water :P

Also look out for the northern light (Don't know if they show all year round but keep an eye out) Or just close your eyes then when you open them you be at your destination!

Kind Regards,

Zane Andrew Saxton
(Trainee Pilot)

Guinness

Established Member
Zane Andrew Saxton said:
Sit in the cockpit, you'll soon find things to pass the time lol.

I fly the 747 and A340-600s on the simluator for 12 hour flight over to SanFran. It wasnt too boring because my flightplan was over the northpole areas so there was something else to look at rather than wet water :P

Also look out for the northern light (Don't know if they show all year round but keep an eye out) Or just close your eyes then when you open them you be at your destination!

Kind Regards,

Zane Andrew Saxton
(Trainee Pilot)

Why not do it VFR ;)
[EDIT]
Gareth Hale said:
The 777 for 9 hours is fun, not boring at all, so a 747 must be equal.

Depends on what IFE System, Comfort etc.

All depends on the Airline.

Gareth Hale

Chaz said:
Why not United or Delta?

Because we get free tickets on American Airlines (thanks to catapillar :glasses2:, Plus my Dad has 357,000 Airmiles for American Airlines)

Status
Not open for further replies.