• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

8 car 377 testing on WCML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class377/5

Established Member
8 car testing of 377205/206 between Selhurst and Milton Keynes.

5Z75 0930 Selhurst - Milton Keynes
5Z76 1115 Milton Keynes - Selhurst
5Z77 1430 Selhurst - Milton Keynes
5Z78 1615 Milton Keynes - Selhurst

These units are supposed to be staying with Southern past May so looks like its testing for the future 8 car runs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
377 205 / 206 on this, first two runs appear to have gone off OK but 5Z77 currently running around 40 to 45 minutes late. Is the WCML not getting 5 car 377s now? Some of the services badly need a little more capacity.

Alistair G.

The problem Southern have at the moment is that when their service gets to MKC it is booked into platform 2a (the South Bay) and that can only accomodate a 4 car.

Class377/5

Established Member
Plan is for one 8 car and four 5 cars running around from May.

Alistair G.

I'm not sure where these will platformed in the timetable as platform 2 usually has a London midland MKC - Euston in it, platform 1 is the through (up slow) and platform 3 the down slow.

Whilst u can officially turn back from all 3 I just don't see the gap in the timetable.

Having said all that, I'm not a planner, I'm merely a signaller, so no doubt when it shows up, we will just deal it and get it back to Croydon ASAP!!:D

Minstral25

Established Member
Where will the 8 coach sets be able to stop on the West London Line? Or will SDO be used? I know the platforms are die to be extended to 5 car.

It will mean long dwell times for ADO as the trains on this route are currently full to capacity and moving down a train will be almost impossible.

Last edited:

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Where will the 8 coach sets be able to stop on the West London Line? Or will SDO be used? I know the platforms are die to be extended to 5 car.

The WLL stations are being extended to 8 car by Network Rail, supposedly by May 2014 - it is a separate project to TfL's 5 car work elsewhere on the LO network.

TfL's contract announcement for the Clapham Jn and Richmond to Stratford routes, the NLL/WLL, made this distinction, but you need to scroll down to the very end: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/archive/29132.aspx

MK Tom

Established Member
The problem Southern have at the moment is that when their service gets to MKC it is booked into platform 2a (the South Bay) and that can only accomodate a 4 car.

I did a thread about this very recently in the infrastructure section.

LM only clash with the 18:13 departure. The rest can all use 2. Others can tell me if there's enough timetable space to use 1 or 3 or reverse at the Wolverton reception sidings. Also it seems to me that 2A will get very little use until the Marston Vale services start.

Still in 2A according to this - http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/W61945/2014-05-19

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.