• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

8 trains in just 40 seconds - Video125

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
Today video125co released this video of a scene from South Kenton in 2007, of 8 trains appearing in 40 seconds in what's titled a "million to one shot":

Some of the comments note that while this might be rare for that location, Clapham Junction gets this all the time and/or more of them at once.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
I have no clue as to how rare this would be on this section of line, but it does look pretty cool nonetheless. Some people in the comments also suggest that video125co may have either layered multiple videos on top of each other or otherwise edited some together.

-Peter

Gloster

Established Member
It is not entirely new, as it appeared as a bonus on one of the DVDs several years ago. Leastways, I think it was the same one. (I am not sure where the DVD is and I think my laptop may have decided to stop playing DVDs, even if I could find it.)

Tubeboy

It’s included on the film that features the Bakerloo, and Waterloo and City lines.

Darandio

Established Member
It flies down and sits on the railing for the remaining footage, albeit hard to see.

There is a small bird on the railing near the bottom centre of the screen which simply fades out at 38 seconds along with a change in contrast of the surroundings, that screams to me a splicing point.

A banner repeater not reverting to danger 32 seconds after the train has passed could possibly be strange as well although i'm not sure how far ahead the associated signal is.

There are also quite a few other signs that it's edited as well, possibly with reverse footage. Still well done though considering it was possibly put together several years ago.

Last edited:

Taunton

Established Member
Million to one shots ...

There was a lineside photo in a 1964 magazine taken in rural south Somerset of the Up and Down Atlantic Coast Expresses passing at speed, with the locos just at the optimum point for the camera. It was the week of the changeover from steam to diesel, one had a Merchant Navy, the other a Warship.

Never going to get that one again!

Status
Not open for further replies.