• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

87002 on Footex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I've just seen the 11:15 London Euston to Liverpool extra train pass through - assume it's a football special which i see quite regularly when Chelsea are playing away. In the past I've seen it with a DBS Class 90 on the front, today it has 87002.

Which got me thinking - if it's being used regularly, how do I know when? I wouldn't go out of my way to see a Cl.90, but I wish I'd had my camera with me this morning....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

8A Rail

Established Member
So I've just seen the 11:15 London Euston to Liverpool extra train pass through - assume it's a football special which i see quite regularly when Chelsea are playing away. In the past I've seen it with a DBS Class 90 on the front, today it has 87002.

Which got me thinking - if it's being used regularly, how do I know when? I wouldn't go out of my way to see a Cl.90, but I wish I'd had my camera with me this morning....

The details of the footex were on some "other" forums and gen groups and have been for a few days - in some cases a week ago. Also on Real Train Times (RTT) too long before today too and with further investigation could establish the TOC who was operating the train too. The train was GBRf operated hence why 87002 on the train. (If you are interested the ECS workings were operated by 66732 at London and 66718 at Liverpool).

Likewise, with the exception of East Anglia, to find a Class 90 on passenger stock is not exactly common these days, so still worth an image or two and not to be ignored. Each to their own I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.