• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

87002 on the sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookywestie

Hello everyone,
I've noticed that recently 87002 has been running some Caledonian Sleeper trains and wondered if it currently has any set diagrams? Wouldn't mind getting a view of it coming through Crewe.
Thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
As far as I know the locomotive is only officially used to work the ECS into Euston and back, it has run the full line occasionally but only when there was no availability to cover, I don't believe it has any designated workings, it would just be a case of watching gen groups or keeping an eye on this forum and looking out for it being listed. You would get a couple of hours notice when it is working at least!

leomartin125

Problem with 87002 is, it's based at Willesden TMD meaning IF a 92 theoretically is unavailable, an 86 could cover. In the present situation with the 90's, the chances of 87002 being put back on the long haul sleepers is low, that would only happen now if a 92 failed. So your best chance is to hope that 92014 fails at some point.

It does, however, occasionally haul GBRf charters and railtours, and with a GBRf charity charter coming up soon I believe, it may be put into use... (GBRf '15' is a railtour involving the use of 87002 at some point in September)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.