• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

89001 to be scrapped - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaZone

http://www.aclocogroup.co.uk/news.php

Apparently 89001 is up for auction, but its likely the scrap dealers will be interested in getting their hands on the loco.

The AC Loco group want to preserve it, but dont have the estimated 5figure sum. So they need donations fast. The auction begins 31st October.

Grab the form, write a cheque and send it off! Im sure donations big and small will all be welcome!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If they don't save it, will money be refunded?

Coxster

Established Member
If they don't save it, will money be refunded?
That's a bit of a cheek isn't it? They're a preservation group who, like all others, rely on donations so they'd simply use the money on something else. I don't think you understand that the only money many groups get is that from donations. If it weren't for donations you wouldn't have all these preserved diesel locos and steamers to enjoy.

Harold

Shame, cos I know a bloke who is part of the AC Electric group and he told me how he wanted to save that loco. :(

theblackwatch

Established Member
To answer Mojo's question - yes, cheques will not be cashed until the group is notified of a successful bid, unless you specify otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.