• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

9-car Class 222 (Meridian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Does anyone have a copy of a seating plan for a 9-car Class 222? The 9-car units no longer exist, of course, which makes it difficult to find such a document using a search engine.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WillPS

Established Member
Does anyone have a copy of a seating plan for a 9-car Class 222? The 9-car units no longer exist, of course, which makes it difficult to find such a document using a search engine.

IIRC it was just the same as a 7 coach one is now, with an extra composite coach (2/3 first 1/3 standard, now found in the 5 car sets) and an extra standard coach... I don't think EMT have reconfigured the seating arrangements at all.

MCR247

Established Member
Did 9 cars definitely have a composite coach? I feel like they were delivered as 6 standard 3 first but I'm not certain by any means

A0wen

On Moderation
Did 9 cars definitely have a composite coach? I feel like they were delivered as 6 standard 3 first but I'm not certain by any means

I think you may be right - IIRC they did 'declassify' some 1st class seating when they found they had too much 1st and not enough standard.

bunnahabhain

Established Member

I thought they were 4 first and 5 standard? I may stand corrected however as I only rode on one in service.

They were 6 standard 3 first class. So basically the same as the current 7 cars with two more MSOs.

najaB

Veteran Member
The original Pendolino layout was 4 First 4 Standard!
I thought the Pendolios were ordered as nine-car units? Just checked Wikipedia - originally ordered as a mix of eight and nine-car sets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.